New prop time. 2016 Z3 with 440

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New prop time. 2016 Z3 with 440

So I need a new prop that will hit 34 MPH at a reasonable rpm. My current on 2419 (15" x 12v with 0.075 cup) is great for everything up to 15 mph. We live, for the most part at 18-33 mph.

My current prop is going about 4200 rpm at 30 mph. I'd, kinda like about 33 mph around 3600-3700 rpm....if that's possible.

Sooo, that said, any advise on props? I'm gonna call Acme Monday but wanted to get your opinions first.

Is the 4200 @ 30 your WOT and peak MPH?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

No

Comment

do you know what the top speed and WOT rpm are? i think 33 pmh 36-37 hun is going to cost you a lot of hole shot.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Why are you wanting to go so fast? These boats aren't meant for speed

Comment

I have a 1433 and was considering upgrading to something like a 2419. Are you interested in a trade?

Comment

Sorry...not looking to trade. Will keep this prop for a spare. Just looking for more top end speed. Surfing is something we do once we have fine everything else. If your asking why I have a Z3....I got the deal of the century.

Anyways, the 440 has tons of power. I'm sure it will take a little more pitch and cup without becoming a dog.

Comment

I recently fought this battle.....

I would say a 1235 will net you what you need. The 2419 Is one of the most aggressive props around. I just went from the 1235 on my 16 to a 2419 and I am in love.

I also tried a 2315 and am Oj 945.

The 2315 was less out of the hole them the 2419 but had a little more on top. The Oj 945 was between the 2.

If you arent adding extra weight the 1235 will give you upwards of 40 on top... but might struggle on the bottom when slammed.

I would call acme or Oj and ask them for a duplicate of the 1235 but in a 15 inch platform .

Every Z with a raptor should be running a 15 inch prop.....
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Bakes, My 15 has the 440 in it as well and taps 3 just like yours. Stock prop on my boat was the 2419 as well and we still run it. Were in the same neck of the woods too so it's nice to have an elevation comparison.

Sounds like we use our boats differently though. I have friends who bring their wakeboards once in a while but I don't personally own one and never will. We strictly surf.

We load out boat down pretty good when we surf and I could actually use a little more cup to a prop when we are loaded down.

If you guys spend the majority of your time above 18 mph and just surf with Surf XL and passengers I don't think your going to have any issue with a prop that is less aggressive than the 2419. I think there is probably a point where you could get too far away from the 2419 and have problems with low end and hole shot.

This is all with my thought being your are not slammed when wakeboarding...... ballasted of course but not big ballast.

Maybe a drop to 14.5 will get you there. Or maybe you could drop the pitch and add some cup.

The guys at acme are great, they'll figure it out.

Comment

Anyways, the 440 has tons of power. I'm sure it will take a little more pitch and cup without becoming a dog.
                    Id worry more about the bite and slip, then actual engine power. Props are all about the trade-offs. To get one thing, you have to give up something else.

Comment

Ok. Here are my thoughts

Current Prop: 2419 15x12. 0.075 cup

Prop options
                      1235 14.5 x 14.25. 0.105 cup
                      1941 14.5 x 15.5 0.105 cup

2247 15 X 14.25 0.150 cup
                      2277 15 x 15.75 0.150 cup

i think I'll just have them send both down and send one back

Comment

Ok. Here are my thoughts

Current Prop: 2419 15x12. 0.075 cup

Prop options
                        1235 14.5 x 14.25. 0.105 cup
                        1941 14.5 x 15.5 0.105 cup

2247 15 X 14.25 0.150 cup
                        2277 15 x 15.75 0.150 cup

i think I'll just have them send both down and send one back

Comment

OK....ordered an OJ 948 (15" diameter, 14" pitch) since wakemakers did not have the Acme 2247 in-stock and I wanted it for this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. If I was at sea level I would have gone for the 2277.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
                            Sorry...not looking to trade. Will keep this prop for a spare. Just looking for more top end speed. Surfing is something we do once we have fine everything else. If your asking why I have a Z3....I got the deal of the century.

No problem. I did the same thing with my original 537. But I think I need even MORE prop with my smaller motor.

Comment

Hey....anyone know the gear reduction on 2016 Z3 with the 440?

Comment

Working...
                              X