Prop Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
    In the quest for the perfect wake surf boat I am wondering if anyone has experienced playing with props on the newer z3s? Currently running the 1235

We mainly surf and I was reading some of Duffy's posts on his 5 blade adventure but I havent seen much since then.

Our boat is pretty loaded weight wise and with a full boat of people it really had a hard time last weekend.

Is the 2133 an option with the new raptor 400? I dont mind losing top speed if it gets me some more hole juice and in the process is a little more efficient on the bottom.

Any info or experience would be appreciated.

-Jason
    We run the 2419 on our Z3 and it has never let me down. Given we are listing the boat, we still load it up with people, and even some times throw a 750 on the floor, it has NEVER cavitated. You'll love it, unless you like to do above 35mph when cruising....

On another note, anyone tried the 2773? Acme is recommending this for the RZX down here at sea level... The RZX comes stock with the 2419 and does well, just looking to get RPMs down a little bit while loaded and surfing... Any input is appreciated before I order this 2773
    -Brandon Lucas
    Houston, Tx

Comment

Chpthril, I'm not worried about top end speed but I am rpms. We surf most of the time and evenly weighted with the sacs you set me up with I can't get more then 9.1 mph with the stock prop. Would you recommend the acme 1433 or 1617 for a 07 RZ2 with a 340HP Marine Power motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Another way to lessen the top speed and high RPM trad off of dropping the pitch, is to also go up in diameter. An example of this is going from the 537 to the 1235. Hole shot is greatly improved, but the WOT and top speed is not nearly as effected, as it would be if we stayed with a 13.5 dia and just dropped the pitch.
        Would you recommend going from the 537 to the 1235 or 1433 with the Raptor 400 (R21)?

Comment

Originally posted by jbgp1200 View Post
          Chpthril, I'm not worried about top end speed but I am rpms. We surf most of the time and evenly weighted with the sacs you set me up with I can't get more then 9.1 mph with the stock prop. Would you recommend the acme 1433 or 1617 for a 07 RZ2 with a 340HP Marine Power motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Rwmind me again which sacs you got. If they are our custom sacs and you filling them near full, I would suggest the 1235. Its a great balance of strong hole shot, great speed holding but will little lose of top speed and little increase in WOT RPM.

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
          Would you recommend going from the 537 to the 1235 or 1433 with the Raptor 400 (R21)?
          Im not 100% sure on the prop to hull clearance as well as prop to trailer. A 14.5 dia prop may be getting close.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have the 1100lb sacs in the back and 2 x 400lb in the front. Will the 1235 have any trailer or hull clearance issues being that its a bit larger then the stock prop?
            Last edited by jbgp1200; 09-15-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Just called Tige and they confirmed that the prop I have now is a 13.5 x 16. Just worried that the 1235 being an inch bigger will cause gelcoat burn or other issues. Seems from what I have read that others have run the 1235 without any issues though.

Comment

yes, 1" larger dia but only .5 closer to the hull. No, never heard of anyone have gel burn with a 1235 on an RZ or Ve or Z3. This is a prop I have personal experience with.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                X