No announcement yet.

Back in the "Family" - 22Ve on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions...looking for some assistance.

The new to us 2007 22Ve was delicious this morning. Before we hit the water with it this afternoon I spent some time looking the boat over and cleaning up the fuel that spilled out the vent in the 1000+ miles delivery.

Do you 22Ve folks have a main water shut-off valve? If so, where is it? Our water line seems to go through the through hull fitting and straight into what I am guessing is the trans cooler...no shut off. Is that the trans cooler on the front of the drive train?

Where is the water pump located on the MP340 engine? I always thought the pump was first. Can you tell I haven't but want to do my own maintenance this time around?

If I were to install a sea strainer where would it go?

Chpthril (Mike). Can you help with some of these components? I need to order a spare prop and it has the 537 on it so I am going to be ordering from you a 1235 (?) If that is still the best option along with the ACME Weekend Saver Kit.

Oh yeah, what are you all doing about the stupid bolts that hold the center seat base in. They are not easy to access and once a shut off is installed (and the ballast shut offs) I would like to have quick access to valves in the event of an emergency situation. Keep in mind we do tow and prefer to tow with the cover off.

I am sure I will have more questions but thanks in advance for you assistance with this.
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

No sea water shutoff. Raw water from thru-hull to v-drive cooler, then I think through the trans cooler, then to the raw water pump. Pump is crankshaft driven and right on the front of the engine. Water exits pump right into the engine via a short hose.

Strainer would after the thru-hull and before the v-drive cooler.

A rectangle access in the seat box front is the most ideal for accessing the ballast valves, but i doubt you could reach the sea water shutoff. You'd have to pull the port side engine divider.

The 1235 is certainly a solid pump for the 22Ve
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        No sea water shutoff. Raw water from thru-hull to v-drive cooler, then I think through the trans cooler, then to the raw water pump. Pump is crankshaft driven and right on the front of the engine. Water exits pump right into the engine via a short hose.

Strainer would after the thru-hull and before the v-drive cooler.

A rectangle access in the seat box front is the most ideal for accessing the ballast valves, but i doubt you could reach the sea water shutoff. You'd have to pull the port side engine divider.

The 1235 is certainly a solid pump for the 22Ve
        Mike, Thanks for the reply. Is it difficult to add a Sea Water shut off and Strainer? Do you sell parts such as this? I will send you and email with my updated shipping/billing information and if you can put an invoice together for the 1235, Weekend Saver Kit and if available the parts to add the shut off and strainer. If you don't have these, I can get them from my dealer, but would prefer to support you as a smaller business.
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

raw water shutoff and strainer

Maybe this will help you. raw water to ball valve, to brass tee with garden hose attachment to strainer to cooler. mounted on back of rear seat, lift up engine hatch and there it is. works good, makes starting in the driveway real easy.

filter1.jpgFilter2.jpgFilter3.jpg

Comment

Just need to confirm the thru-hull size. next, need to what pieces are going to be needed to put it all together. Likely going to need a street 90, ball valve and then a MPT x hose barb. I think what is used now, is a FPT x hose barb 90. However, if its a FPT x FPT 90 and then a MPT x hose barb, that can be reused.

Need to decide where you would want to mount the strainer just in case extra hose length is need to reach the intake and then make it back to the inlet of the v-drive.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
              A few questions...looking for some assistance.

The new to us 2007 22Ve was delicious this morning. Before we hit the water with it this afternoon I spent some time looking the boat over and cleaning up the fuel that spilled out the vent in the 1000+ miles delivery.

Do you 22Ve folks have a main water shut-off valve? If so, where is it? Our water line seems to go through the through hull fitting and straight into what I am guessing is the trans cooler...no shut off. Is that the trans cooler on the front of the drive train?

Where is the water pump located on the MP340 engine? I always thought the pump was first. Can you tell I haven't but want to do my own maintenance this time around?

If I were to install a sea strainer where would it go?

Chpthril (Mike). Can you help with some of these components? I need to order a spare prop and it has the 537 on it so I am going to be ordering from you a 1235 (?) If that is still the best option along with the ACME Weekend Saver Kit.

Oh yeah, what are you all doing about the stupid bolts that hold the center seat base in. They are not easy to access and once a shut off is installed (and the ballast shut offs) I would like to have quick access to valves in the event of an emergency situation. Keep in mind we do tow and prefer to tow with the cover off.

I am sure I will have more questions but thanks in advance for you assistance with this.
              Here's what I did for valve access. image.jpgIn addition, I left the bolts off the rear seat sides. I haven't had any issue with it moving with people stepping on it, etc..
              The water pump is on the back side of the engine. I found the easiest way to access it is by crawling into the starboard rear locker, sticking your legs towards the front, laying down and sticking your head into the taps pump access hole. It sounds worse than it is. If it's too tight you can loosen the taps pump mounting screws (plastic clamps on the backside of the vertical support)and move it out of your way.

Comment

Working...
              X