Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the "Family" - 22Ve on the way

Hi All,

Been around a few years and several hundred posts and will soon be a member of the "Tige Family" again! It all started when I was researching a new boat for our family, our 1st tow boat. As you can see in my profile, we have taken some "odd" turns on boat ownership. The 1st towboat was a 2013 Tige Z1 which was traded for a 2014 G23, then we added a 15' Boston Whaler, sold the G23 and bought a "fixer upper" house. When looking at homes, I was told that I couldn't get another boat until 2017 and we agreed that our next boat would be one we could purchase outright, the payments stopped being justified in our minds. All I heard was "if you can find a boat we can pay for, you can have it". So I searched around for used Tiges and Centurions knowing they both have hulls that surf well. For Tige, I was led to the 22Ve due to all the rave reviews on here and the fantastic, in depth review from Sandm. I stumbled upon a 22 Ve in TN that after doing some digging, I believe was sent to our very own Chpthril's shop for the ballast system. Seems to be a turn key boat, ready to surf....hoping so.

Long story short, the deal was worked out, the funds have been transferred and our transport is scheduled to pick it up for delivery by next weekend. Below are a few pics I pulled from the ad.

Are there anythings on the 2007 22Ves (MP 340 HP)to be concerned with? I already have a SpeedSet on order from IDBoating (just in case) and my NauticLaugic upgrade is already waiting for the boat to arrive...let the quick upgrades begin. I plan to get a spare belt and impeller on hand (where can I find the correct parts before the boat arrives) and most likely will order a spare prop once we get her out and see what is on her.

The only question I have is that I noticed on our Facetime walkthrough there is what appears to be a vent tube in the observers compartment. What is this for?

Ok, here are a few pics.

2007 22Ve Port Side.jpeg

2007 22Ve Interior.jpg

2007 22Ve Seat & Console.jpg

2007 22Ve Wave.jpg
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Very nice find. Congrats on the new boat.

Comment

Hey Dandy, congrats on the Tige, I am actually the original owner of that boat. Purchased it as a demo boat from Days boat sales in Frankfort, Ky. I hope you enjoy and take care of that boat as much as I did. I literally cried and drank myself into a stuper when I let that girl loose down at Norris, anyhow enjoy.

Comment

Yep, I recognize that boat, congrats.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Very Nice Dandy! I'm pretty sure I have seen that last picture before...

Comment

Nice looking boat, Dandy. Nice work. Payments suck!
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

congrats. makes me want to make a road trip again
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Welcome back to the Tige Family.... love your surf shot! Long live the Vé - one of my favorite Tige models!

Jean Wagner
                Corporate Relations Manager
                Tige Boats, Inc - Abilene, TX

Comment

Congrats! Long Live the Ve (and V)!!!!!!

Comment

The vent tube routes fresh air from below the windshield into the bilge/gas tank area to push fumes out. There should be one in each locker. The impeller I bought a couple of is a Johnson impeller part number 09-812b-1. eBay the number and you can find the kits with impeller, seal, and glycerin to lube the housing and impeller before installing. They're about $30-$45 depending on where you buy. I bought A puller as well, made the job of removing the impeller quick, easy and damage free. I got mine at discountmarinesupplies.com image.jpg
                    I've been meaning to order new belts as spares as well but forgot to write the numbers down. There are two and they are identical. I can let you know Wednesday if you haven't found it by then. If so post it so I can order them!
                    I've got the same year and model, just setting it up with an auto ballast system and some other little goodies to personalize it. You're going to love that boat! Looks clean!
                    Last edited by Jetdriver; 06-17-2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                      The vent tube routes fresh air from below the windshield into the bilge/gas tank area to push fumes out. There should be one in each locker. The impeller I bought a couple of is a Johnson impeller part number 09-812b-1. eBay the number and you can find the kits with impeller, seal, and glycerin to lube the housing and impeller before installing. They're about $30-$45 depending on where you buy. I bought A puller as well, made the job of removing the impeller quick, easy and damage free. I got mine at discountmarinesupplies.com [ATTACH]43373[/ATTACH]
                      I've been meaning to order new belts as spares as well but forgot to write the numbers down. There are two and they are identical. I can let you know Wednesday if you haven't found it by then. If so post it so I can order them!
                      I've got the same year and model, just setting it up with an auto ballast system and some other little goodies to personalize it. You're going to love that boat! Looks clean!
                      Thanks for all of the info. I really appreciate it. That impeller puller looks like a handy tool. May have to pick one of these up as I may attempt to do more of my own maintenance on this boat. Are the vent tubes just a passive vent? I am assuming that there is still a engine compartment vent out the back with a fan on it?

I sent an email to MP today with the engine information, including Serial # (it was on the BOS) and they sent me the following links to their parts website.
                      Impeller:
                      http://marineenginedepot.com/MP/Mari...-Johnson-Pump/
                      Belt:
                      http://marineenginedepot.com/MP/Mari...rnator-V-Belt/

Comment

The front vents are just ram air. Air enters just below each windshield then flows down the tube into the bilge area out to the engine compartment so they don't do much when you're sitting. They do still have a fan and vent in the engine compartment as well.
                        Thx for the belt numbers! Now that I see it I remember reading that number on my belts. Like I said there are two and they're the same number.
                        BTW you can get the same impeller kit on eBay for $33 shipped. The impeller change is easy, especially with the tool. I tried with a couple screwdrivers but it seemed like it was gonna mar and possibly dent the housing where the seal goes so why chance it?! I'll do it yearly and have the piece of mind knowing it got done right.
                        Last edited by Jetdriver; 06-18-2016, 01:04 AM.

Comment

As far as I am concerned you never left the family. But congrats!

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post

he was on vacation at his crazy uncle nauty's house
                            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks all for the "re-welcome" and kind words on the boat.

Originally posted by Trays22 View Post
                              Hey Dandy, congrats on the Tige, I am actually the original owner of that boat. Purchased it as a demo boat from Days boat sales in Frankfort, Ky. I hope you enjoy and take care of that boat as much as I did. I literally cried and drank myself into a stuper when I let that girl loose down at Norris, anyhow enjoy.
                              Trays22 - I did a search on your user name after posting this and found your add when you sold it. It is interesting to see how the new market has changed the used market price. Considering the price you were asking and what I paid for it (and I think I am getting a good deal) this boat has been a pretty good deal for the 2nd owner. It's nice seeing these boats holding value.

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                              Yep, I recognize that boat, congrats.
                              Watch our Mike, I may have a few questions for you after she arrives!

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                              Very Nice Dandy! I'm pretty sure I have seen that last picture before...
                              Thank you! That pic seemed familiar to me too, but not sure where.

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                              Nice looking boat, Dandy. Nice work. Payments suck!
                              Thanks! It's funny how after having 2 very nice and new boats, how excited I am to be getting into paid off "old technology". I should have listed to my father to start with...Keep It Simple Stupid!

Originally posted by sandm View Post
                              congrats. makes me want to make a road trip again
                              You are welcome anytime Scott. I can't see how the effort to ride the same hull as yours would be worth it, I guess we must be good hosts. No complaint about you as a guest either BTW - I will be in the Madison area the first week of Aug. I will have to see if I can find time to shoot over to see ya.

Originally posted by jeanw View Post
                              Welcome back to the Tige Family.... love your surf shot! Long live the Vé - one of my favorite Tige models!

Jean Wagner
                              Corporate Relations Manager
                              Tige Boats, Inc - Abilene, TX
                              WOW - even Jean chimed in. Thanks!

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                              The front vents are just ram air. Air enters just below each windshield then flows down the tube into the bilge area out to the engine compartment so they don't do much when you're sitting. They do still have a fan and vent in the engine compartment as well.
                              Thx for the belt numbers! Now that I see it I remember reading that number on my belts. Like I said there are two and they're the same number.
                              BTW you can get the same impeller kit on eBay for $33 shipped. The impeller change is easy, especially with the tool. I tried with a couple screwdrivers but it seemed like it was gonna mar and possibly dent the housing where the seal goes so why chance it?! I'll do it yearly and have the piece of mind knowing it got done right.
                              Thanks again Jet. Hopefully we can bounce some information back and forth over time.

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post

Naw, I just creaped around for a few years.

Originally posted by sandm View Post
                              he was on vacation at his crazy uncle nauty's house
                              FUNNY...better than being at a naughty uncles house.

Comment

Working...
                              X