No announcement yet.

Sea Level to Lake Powell- What to factor in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input. I typically use my GPS Mapping on the boat, in conjunction with Navionics on my phone, for any new lakes we are visiting, until I get a feel for my surroundings. This ought to be suffcient, right? Navionics for depth profiles/ Channel markers, and GPS to "get home".

Thanks again for the input TO! Cheers.
    -Brandon Lucas
    Houston, Tx

Comment

Cell service at Bullfrog isn't very good. Your phone Navionics map may or may not work very well.
      The paper maps they sell at the marinas are very handy. I use that more than my 15" Raymarine Chart/GPS.

Bullfrog ramp won't decontaminate your boat when you leave. At least that was there stance when I left there last week.
      If they don't decon you, make sure you get every bit of water out of the boat that you can. If you get stopped at a check point and your ballast still has water in it, prepare for a long day.

Powell is awesome. Especially in Sept. Have fun.

Comment

And we are getting ready to take off to Powell. For those of you that headed up this summer or are headed up soon, any advice to add? I see the Charles Hall Ferry is closed for repairs, so we will be going around.

If you see a Mercedes Sprinter 3500 pulling a '17 RZX3, wave us down!

Cheers and thanks again for the input.
        -Brandon Lucas
        Houston, Tx

Comment

Just got back. Water is perfect, nights are getting brisky....

Comment

Working...
          X