No announcement yet.

2015 Tige R20 Taps 3 Retrofited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe so, but the OP stated this was a TAPS 3 Retrofit ordered thru Tige. Not something the dealer fab'd up.

Be curious to know if this is a kit available or if it's something a dealer pieced together. Tige normally holds the unique stuff pretty tight. Like say the collar for the REV8/ REV10. You can only get it as a Kit with the speakers(175% of retail of the speakers) or under warranty. If warranty you have to send in the broken one first. They absolutely will not sell them separate. Forces you to pay their outrages prices for stereo options. They did the same with VX and then AVX so not sure why they would all of a sudden allow TAPS 3 to be fitted on any boat. Maybe they've turned a new leaf!!

Comment

These guys have a kit for 3K. http://www.wake-worx.com/Home.html I was told they license the Taps 3 tabs to Tige. It uses the same Lenco controller so I'm guessing the dealer just bought this kit and it has nothing to do with Tige.

Comment

I know Tige has allowed retrofit on a couple of boats and used factory stuff in my neck of the woods. What the circumstances they allow and what the process is to get that done, I don't know. I'd talk with your dealer.

Comment

I'm very interested in this too. I have a 2014 R20 that I upgraded rear sacks to ~ 1,000# each over the winter and have been very happy with the extra weight. I surfed a 2016 Z1 last week .. first without engaging Taps3 and then with it ... WOW! Completely different wave. He had a 250# bag in the bow but everything else was factory (3 adults in boat). I really like the faster speed with Taps3 and the significantly longer and cleaner wave. Keep the data/ideas/picks coming please ... I imagine I'll get this work done in the off season, but may as well get it all lined up now.

Comment

I've heard from my Tige dealership that the Tige Touch 2 on the 2015+ is retrofittable for Taps 3. So I am surprised this was compatible with the R20 because it doesn't have Tige Touch 2, right? Nevertheless, I am interested in installing this on my 2015 RZ2. I have a couple concerns: 1. Cost and 2. the amount of work required to take the swim platform off for storage. In order to fit my truck in the garage, I need to be able to remove the swim platform. If I install Taps 3, does it take the ability to remove the platform off or is it just more difficult?

Comment

The 2015 retro fit is the taps3 plates added but on 2 additional trim switches... so they won't have a memory or a 1-7.. you'd eye ball the wake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
              2015 Tigé R20

Comment

If any of you are interested, I could be talked out of my TAPS 21 kit I made. It just didn't work on my 21v. It will work just like taps 3 on any boat where taps 3 could be an option. Check out the TAPS 21 thread for all the build details. $1000.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                  If any of you are interested, I could be talked out of my TAPS 21 kit I made. It just didn't work on my 21v. It will work just like taps 3 on any boat where taps 3 could be an option. Check out the TAPS 21 thread for all the build details. $1000.
                  PM sent!

Comment

If anyone is interested, I was wanting this same thing done so I called the shop that OP got it done at. They said its NOT the factory TAPS3 tabs. They designed their own that the guy claimed were the same shape as the TAPS3. No factory integration as OP said. Just the two extra trim switches on the dash.

Comment

My Dealer is looking to retrofit his 2015 RZR and I told him I would be interested in retrofitting our 2015 Z3. He is going to the factory in the next two weeks to learn more. I will keep you all in the loop.
                      "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

GSA all day, I would say. Works very well.
                        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Working...
                        X