2015 Tige R20 Taps 3 Retrofited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Tige R20 Taps 3 Retrofited

Just got my 2015 R20 retrofited with Taps 3. Going to test out this Friday. Any recommendations for taps, taps 3 setting and weight? Have 400 in bow (200 per side) and 2040 in rear (1020 per side) available.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by ShoreS; 05-12-2016, 04:34 AM.

Cool to see other retrofits. How was the swapping of the stock bags up front for the 400s.

Comment

Sorry, bow bags were a typo. Should be 400 (200 each side). Will update above post.
      Last edited by ShoreS; 05-12-2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

This the starting point from tony at Tige, works really well on our z1.
        100% rear, 35% front. Taps at 4, taps3 4, 10.8
        Tweak from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who did the work? Where did you source the parts? Cost?
          Might need to do this as well!!

Comment

Was the underside of the swim platform modified? Is there any concern for uplift on the swim platform brackets?

Comment

Another question...how are you controlling the TAPS3 without TigeTouch? Do they have a "manual" control option? If so, would you please post a picture?

Thanks
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by ShoreS View Post
                Sorry, bow bags were a typo. Should be 400 (200 each side). Will update above post.
                Oh, ok. That should be great man. Enjoy.

Comment

N3vrsat1fied - thanks for the weight info, will start there.

Bjax- all parts were ordered and retrofit was completed by my local Tige dealer Germaine Marine.

zany- it appears that the platform was built up/reinforced where the actuator mounts were mounted. Not sure how the lift of the platform will be, hoping the actuators will actually make it more sturdy that before (was sloppy). Don't believe there will be much more if not less on the pins.

Dandy - yes, manual control (see picture)image.jpg

Z3co23 - thanks

Comment

Have you had a chance to run this yet? How did it do?

Comment

I'm very curious too

Comment

Unlike AVX which requires the Murphy control touch screen, you could add TAPS 3 to any boat with the switches.

I am surprised, actually downright SHOCKED, Tige is allowing this with their history of not allowing anything to be backwards compatible.

Comment

It took some time to figure out weight and taps position, but now the wave is as good or better with as much or more push. Don't have any pictures at the time, will take some next time out. It also make the boat fell much bigger, we don't flood the boat with big waves when surfing (usually happened a couple times a day) and rough water is no longer rough. That alone is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
                            Unlike AVX which requires the Murphy control touch screen, you could add TAPS 3 to any boat with the switches.

I am surprised, actually downright SHOCKED, Tige is allowing this with their history of not allowing anything to be backwards compatible.
                            It wouldn't surprise me if Germaine just back engineered the tabs and put their own lenco actuators on there without talking to Tige about it.
                            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                              It wouldn't surprise me if Germaine just back engineered the tabs and put their own lenco actuators on there without talking to Tige about it.
                              I was thinking the same thing. Or ordered replacement tabs through tigé and then pieced the rest together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                              2015 Tigé R20

Comment

Working...
                              X