No announcement yet.

RZX - one place for all rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the RZX,hope to get mine finalized and ordered in a week or two,we will have to stay in touch and compare notes on ballast set-ups ect... did you get the pnp option?

Comment

Originally posted by smithjd11 View Post
      Ok,just left the factory here is my 2 cents The 440 is plenty for people that are not at a great amount of elevation had rear ballast 100% front at 40% the 440 responded like it was empty it went unnoticed when I was driving and had to stop and restart to see if there was any problems getting on plane there was not it could handle so much more weight easily it was also pretty windy and a little ruff and still had a great wave RPMs held steady at 3200 and are speed was 11,now I did take it across the lake at full ballast hit 38 at almost 6000 RPMs still no problem getting on plane I dumped the ballast and it could cruise all day at 35 to 40 with the RPMs at 5000 or less did a couple of power turns no problem I will do the 440 and know that is plenty for my situation everybody is different also took a Z3 out with the Taps3 and again Surf wave was on point Highly recommend a Factory tour The people at Tige are first class and showed me a great time Texas style Thanks again Tige.

Excellent first hand experience and thanks for info. I would assume they have changed props since the first testing results in the 440 to see these results. That is great as it will save a person tons out the door and tons in fuel economy also. Makes the RZX even that more enticing and affordable also only having to do the 440!

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
        Excellent first hand experience and thanks for info. I would assume they have changed props since the first testing results in the 440 to see these results. That is great as it will save a person tons out the door and tons in fuel economy also. Makes the RZX even that more enticing and affordable also only having to do the 440!
        "Affordable" is not a word I would use to describe the RZX LOL! Or any new surf boat, or boat in general, for that matter!

Good buddy of mine also ordered a 440 RZX, said it was plenty.
        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
          Correct on the prop change they told me what it was but dont remember off hand what it was but comes standard now on the RZX,you lose some top-end but i will take that,the boat is 6,000 pounds and with ballast and people and gear and fuel your looking at close to 10,000 pounds going across the water and like i said it surfed at 11 mph at 3200 rpms and purred like a kitten.

Comment

Thanks. Have you finished your order? By pnp option, if you're referring to the ballasts then yes. I want to be able to add weight quickly and easily if need be based on # people in the boat and other factors. Certainly will stay connected to share setups and get feedback to get the "tasty waves" dialed in.

Excited for summer... last weekend a group was out surfing in 41F water here in MN... I'm eager but not that much ��

Comment

The rzx tipped the scales at 7000 lbs coming off the trailer on the crane scale. Its a big boat and displaces a lot of water. Sure is a nice looking boat too.

Since it has a wide transom with no taper like the ASR, the rear could use a bit more ballast to get it to drop in the water a bit more. The ASR required lots of nose weight as the back end had taper. So a couple 400lbs sacs in the back lockers will help quite a bit.
              2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
              2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

Yep ��, good feedback on RZX and absolutely spot on the ASR. Needs a lot of rear weight to get a good wave and then needs more front weight to counter. Thanks.

Comment

Hello all,
                  I have been a Supra owner for my last two boats and recently took possession of my 2016 RZX with the 440. I live at 6500ft elevation so thought I would chime in here on prop discussion. I ordered mine with the factory plug and play option (close to 600lbs extra in each rear locker). I also ordered it with the high altitude prop 15X12 (so I thought); last weekend I had 6 people full ballast and it took 30-45 sec to pull 11mph and wouldn't maintain barely 3000rpm. I dumped plug and play to just factory and still had a tough time getting to and holding 11mph while adjusting taps3. So Monday I called nettle props and acme with my dilemma; they recommended a 15x10.5 which I installed tonight. they also said if this doesn't work they would take some more cup out. I will give update on this new prop after a surf session tomorrow evening; oh and some pix.

Comment

Why didn't you order it with the 550 engine?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just spent a few hours on a 16 rzx at LOTO last week and gotta say the 550 is impressive! Makes light work of a fully loaded boat and don't think I would want the smaller engine. It comes on plane instantly for surfing or wakeboarding around 22mph. I also took a slalom set behind it and let me tell you it yanked me out of the water with half throttle!!

Surf wave with 4ppl in boat was more then ample with plenty of height and push. Had a long clean pocket also. Wakeboard wave was also incredibly clean on both sides at 22 mph. One thing I didn't like was how it took on hundreds of gallons it seemed of water, when killing the throttle when wakeboarding. The boats prop wave comes back in the boat terribly if you just kill the throttle when running fast speeds and ballasted. A person has to slowly stop when rider falls and turn the boat to the side or a huge wave will come in the back of the boat. The G's do this also I've noticed and think its due to the low walk thru transom.

Slalom wave wasn't terrible for a large boat that wasn't made to ski, and my only complaint with it was the rope tended to drag in the spray pocket directly behind the boat. The tow hook point is way to low for attaching ropes to rear of boat and it drags in the water bad. Again I know this boat wasn't made to ski behind, but if I were to spend 120K I'd want it to be corrected. Even pulling a tube and yes I said tube as my kids tube would be like dragging an anchor in the water with the low tow point.

Overall the RZX is on my radar as my next boat and I won't order without the 550. Main selling point to me is the vast amount of storage they have with the ballast being in floor. The onboard space and layout for ppl is amazing! My Z3 is way to cramped for us but perhaps Tige is looking at putting ballast in floor and if so I'd stay with a Z3.

Comment

I dont want a supercharged gas anything in a towboat but thats just my .02 from being around race motors etc. I want to remove possible issues down the line not add them. Indmar is great and I would love it im sure for the first 5 years, but god forbid that motor starts breaking down or the charger dives which happens. Cha ching
                        Germaine Marine
                        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Prop Diam Pitch

2943 15.00 10.500 0.075 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2951 15.00 10.500 0.105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2937 15.00 11.000 0.075 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2949 15.00 11.000 0.105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2777 15.00 12.000 0.075 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2419 15.00 12.000 0.075 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2315 15.00 12.000 0.105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2313 15.00 12.000 0.150 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2775 15.00 12.500 0.075 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2773 15.00 13.000 0.105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2391 15.00 14.250 0.075 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2249 15.00 14.250 0.105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2247 15.00 14.250 0.150 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
                          2279 15.00 15.750 0.105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH

I bolded the stock high altitude prop from Tige. These are our 15" diameter options at Acme. I talked to Acme yesterday about a possible new prop for my Z3. I don't know about the RZX but I know everything Z3 and under cannot run bigger that a 15" or it will burn the gel coat. Acme recommended I just start with more cup and if that's not enough there are more options. I imagine you will want more cup and pitch in a new prop for your RZX.

I'm still learning this prop stuff.

Comment

Was out yesterday in 2016 RZX with 440 and 15/12 prop. Hottest day of the year. ~95. About 325 lbs of kid ballast and 700 lbs in adult ballast plus both 520 plug n play rear lockers full. The boat would not go. Had a hard time getting up to and keeping speed. Sent 200 buddy up front to get on plane and then he would slowly walk back and the wake would get better but you could hear the engine start to struggle. So we switched to his boat. MB f24 tomcat with GSA and about 5000 lbs of ballast fully loaded. He typical runs non surf side gravity fill ballast at 50% and the wake is amazing. Took his boat out and his couldn't get up to speed and the night before we could. Could the heat have that big of an effect on the engine performance? And if it does. Is there anything else that can be done besides changing props. I'm really curious to hear how the 15/10.5 prop performed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Z3CO23 The 2775 on our Z3 with the Indmar 400 and the AVX was money, would highly recommend that setup.
                              http://wake9.com/

Comment

All new design for the Tige RZX!IMG_1306.jpg
                                Fresh off my iPad..

Comment

Working...
                                X