RZX - one place for all rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZX - one place for all rumors

what is it? size? surf style or wake style? options? etc....

Rebranded ASR, the ASR is no longer. Hate to be someone who spent G23 money on an ASR and have it discontinued after only two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Alberta_Surfer View Post
      Rebranded ASR, the ASR is no longer. Hate to be someone who spent G23 money on an ASR and have it discontinued after only two years.
      This is the first time I'm hearing the ASR is going away. All the rumors I've hears is the RZX is an addition to the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Alberta_Surfer View Post
        Hate to be someone who spent G23 money on an ASR and have it discontinued after only two years.
        I am one of those people and the RZX looks just like the ASR so I'm not worried. As far as 'G' money goes, my payment is about $100 more a month than it would have been buying a Z3 - about $20K less than the G23 and it puts out a better wakeboard wake IMO. Full ballast, 23 mph, TAPS 5, 80' out is money.

The ASR surf wake is not good though. They would have to do a significant hull mod to make this thing surf better. If you add more weight, it grows tall, but its mushy and close to the boat -not a lot of pocket. If you go over about 11 MPH the wave washes over and is not surfable.

Comment

I cant give away too much but I can say the ASR is NOT being discontinued.

We all saw the promo video of a non Z3 boat wakesurfing and although it looks like an ASR we know the ASR was designed with wakeboarding in mind and the real world results of the wakesurf wave are so so....
          www.CalMarineSports.com

Comment

Tige is releasing info tomorrow on it I believe. They have been waiting on their dealers to get them in so they could do a bigger release and not get caught with their pants down type deal. I can say there are some great changes they have done to it. Tige has really spent some time listening to our concerns and want we want and built this boat around us as owners. Great things to come!

Comment

Not sure why ppl hate on the ASR for surfing. The wave is solid. It is all about the weight placement, prop choice and water depth. The surf wave is no different than a G23. Identical actually when both are listed. The ASR handles better than a G23 especially when loaded with ballast

These pics are with out the VX.

Pretty sure you will see the ASR and RZX in the lineup.
              Attached Files
              2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
              2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

It's not bad, it's just not Z3 quality. My buddy there is like 6'5" and we are in about 12' of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah we had issues with the wake in anything less than 16 feet. Anything over 20' the wake was really good.

Comment

The ASR is a very nice boat, but in a non vx version I couldn't get any type of good goofy side surf wake at all in the one afternoon I had to play on one.

Comment

The boat needs a little extra weight on the starboard side to get the goofy wake to show up.

Comment

@loud what weight and where do u have your settings on that ASR in those pics? Wave looks phenomenal!

Comment

The wave was pretty damn good. No complaints from me.

It has been a while but I remember putting a 1100 lb sac under the passenger helm locker and everything 100%. I removed some weight from the starboard side rear locker but can't remember how much. I lost my note pad. It port surf side I had some weight there that was extra but ended up pulling most of it out. The key to the wake was weight up front and water depth. Soon as we got to shallower water like 15 feet or so the wake went to crap. This boat moves water off the bottom of our lake at 20' so I can imagine the wake gets better at deeper depths.

Comment

I'm going to stick with my initial thoughts and say the ASR is gone, maybe retooled and coming out as the RZX but my guess is 2015 was the last we will see of an ASR branded boat. I could be 100% wrong but I'm sticking with my gut. And as far as the ASR being G priced here in Alberta they are pretty well the same price. Loaded ASR with 440 and triple axle trailer up here is right around $160k, loaded G23 with 550 SC and tandem right at $160. I'd take the SC engine and forego the triple for the same money any day.

Comment

For all of you guys who don't have Facebook:

Comment

Working...
                              X