Wakesurfing with Bimini top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This:
    1) Instead of heat shrink I just wrapped an old t-shirt around my rope and taped it.

2) This is what we do now. Eliminates the problem all together and is a much nicer pull.

Loop the tow rope through the "handhold" opening in the Alpha Z tower on the side you're wakesurfing. Takes all of five seconds, eliminates the rub, and gives a straighter pull in the bargain. Also costs zero time and zero dollars.

Comment

I use one of those PWC rope floats on my line...kinda like a noodle with a cover on it. Works perfect!

Comment

I use the rear pull for the rope when surfing, no rubbing on bimini. Am I missing something by pulling from that far back?

Comment

Originally posted by ericinmich View Post
          I use the rear pull for the rope when surfing, no rubbing on bimini. Am I missing something by pulling from that far back?
          probably just makes it harder to pull the rope in when the surfer let's go, otherwise no issue. Some may argue that the tower towpoint helps pull the rider "up", but I don't buy it.
          2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

My R20 Bimini rubs as well, more so when the rope is mounted beneath it.

Comment

mine rubs, I run the rope under the bimini when surfing. I might try the dock hold position. I would think that would rub the paint off??

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
                probably just makes it harder to pull the rope in when the surfer let's go, otherwise no issue. Some may argue that the tower towpoint helps pull the rider "up", but I don't buy it.
                I usually have a guy or more in the back corner, they just pull the rope in... yup, no issue, no hitting the top.

Comment

Originally posted by ericinmich View Post
                  I usually have a guy or more in the back corner, they just pull the rope in... yup, no issue, no hitting the top.
                  on the sunpad? That would be a no no in MN....
                  2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Working...
                  X