Wakesurfing with Bimini top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurfing with Bimini top

Does anyone else have issues with their surf rope rubbing on the bimini top? We have the sunbrella surf Bimini on our Rzr. I have tried the rope above and below and still am trying to figure out a solution for it rubbing. It is destroying my surf ropes and also damaging the top.

I haven't seen this before. Is it the OEM Tige surf Bimini? Any chance you could post some pictures?
    Xtreme Powersports & Marine
    www.xps-usa.com

Comment

It's the Bimini that Tige sold me with the boat. Not home to take pictures unfortunately .

Comment

I'd say its definitely a warranty issue. Talk to your dealer. I have yet to see this issue with any of the boats around here. If you don't get anywhere with your dealer let me know and I'll see what I can find for you. Best of luck!
        Xtreme Powersports & Marine
        www.xps-usa.com

Comment

Cool. Will do. Thank you.

Comment

We have a RZ2 with the extended Bimini and haven't had any rope rubbing issues on either side. Post a picture of your top.
            I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Yes, our rope rubs when wakesurfing if we loop it on the central tow point. Two solutions:

1) Put some heat shrink tubing on the rope in the area where it rubs on the bimini. Heat shrink is smooth and eliminates the problem. We ran like that for several years until we switched to...

2) Loop the tow rope through the "handhold" opening in the Alpha Z tower on the side you're wakesurfing. Takes all of five seconds, eliminates the rub, and gives a straighter pull in the bargain. Also costs zero time and zero dollars.

Comment

We run our rope under the Z1 Surf Bimini. If you run it over it rubs also.
                "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

We will try the hand hold. Sounds like an easy solution. Thanks!

Comment

Pass the towpoint end of the rope through the tower opening, pass the handle end through the loop in the towpoint end (like making a slipknot), and pull the slack through. Fast, free, and easily switched side to side. Hope it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post

2) Loop the tow rope through the "handhold" opening in the Alpha Z tower on the side you're wakesurfing. Takes all of five seconds, eliminates the rub, and gives a straighter pull in the bargain. Also costs zero time and zero dollars.
                      This. It works great and allows new riders to start on the surf side and not have to "drop into" the wave.
                      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

My R20 rubs as well. This season I angled the back of the bimini down a few degrees. To early to tell if it is effective but I think it will. I have one friend who is a bit larger and when he would get up you would hear it pull down on the bimini occasionally. So far this season when he hasn't gotten up I don't hear it. Not sure if it is possible on the RZR if you don't have the Alpha Z tower, I have the Vector tower.

Comment

I saw this issue yesterday with D&P Powells Bimini. The rear bars for the Bimini that stick out from the tower come straight out. Mine slope downward so the tow point is the highest point on the Bimini. It seems to me that if you could put a little bend into those tubes to get a little downward slope it would prevent the rope from rubbing on the Bimini. I really don't know why Tige changed the angles of the Bimini but mine does not rub for wakesurfing or wakeboarding.
                          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

They probably changed them for head room. Me being 5'6" and my wife being 5'2" don't mind the bend. I imagine most people did and that's probably why they changed the bars.
                            I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                              Pass the towpoint end of the rope through the tower opening, pass the handle end through the loop in the towpoint end (like making a slipknot), and pull the slack through. Fast, free, and easily switched side to side. Hope it helps!
                              You can also do this with Wake9's "surf nubbin": http://store.wake9.com/gear/nubbin

Comment

Working...
                              X