No announcement yet.

Tige Owners Maintenance concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeko Im sorry for hijacking your thread , you will find the Tige boats to be a very good product with great custormer service , the best fuel economy in an apples to apples comparison, good quality ride and handling, and you want to make sure that you have a good dealer , the dealer can make the biggest difference on any brand.

Comment

Greek I've owned two Tige's. A 2007 22VE which I owned till 2011 and now my 2011 RZ2. As far as issues my 2007 had a leaking Taps acuator,broken bilge pump and a couple on lose tower bolts in 425 hours and 5 years of use. My 2011 has a failed heater switch and occasionally gets a air lock in the front port side ballast bag. We have 360 hours on it. So now you know Tige's aren't perfect. When I talk to friends who own Mastercraft,Nautique,Malibu and Supra they all have issues also. Some even more issues than others. If I had to do it all over again I would buy the same boat just wouldn't get all the same options,as I haven't used them like I thought I would. Hope this helps.
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Thank you for all the great responses.

I appreciate the feedback and am glad I have confidence in the service department of this dealership. Will get the first 20 hours out of the way and hopefully have all the kinks worked out.

Comment

I have the 2012 Z3 with the PCM engine. I had to replace the ECM and I now have a transmission leak.

Comment

How many hours? Surfing lots? 343?

Comment

Man, I have owned a 2005 22V and now a 2007 24Ve and the only major thing that I have had happen was a crappy oil sending unit popping and spraying oil all over the engine bay area. Luckily, the Tige low oil pressure warning chime BLASTED at me and I was able to get the boat back to safety and shut off before any engine damage. A local Supra dealer fixed it, and while he was messing around and trying to get me to trade in on a Supra, he admitted that he has seen the same thing with other manufacturers who sourced this fitting from same vendor. He happened to have one on hand from another manufacturer and installed in an hr. Other than that, I winterize and change oil every spring. No issues and over 500 hrs. Sounds like there may be more issues with the newer boats??

Comment

My 2012 z3 with 409 had major engine failure at under 50 hrs. Tige and PCM went above and beyond to correct the issues.

Comment

I am getting a new boat this spring from another manufacturer. When getting a new boat, dealer relationship is critical, because these sorts of things happen. Sometimes it is a quality control issue with the factory, and sometimes the dealership is expected to catch certain items before the customer takes delivery. Often it is nobody's fault. I do not have a Tige dealership near where I live, but the alternative brand is 10 minutes away. That played a large role in my decision.

There has been the occasional 'my boat is a lemon' thread around here, but fortunately, we've not seen one in a while. Those threads are from guys who had a whole host of items that should have been caught at one of the steps above. You just hope that your boat was not built on a Friday at Beer:30.

If I had a criticism, it would be from the R and D department. The current ASR hull just appears to not work, and the first generation Z3 never should have been brought to production. The current Z3 is a home run!
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                    I am getting a new boat this spring from another manufacturer. When getting a new boat, dealer relationship is critical, because these sorts of things happen. Sometimes it is a quality control issue with the factory, and sometimes the dealership is expected to catch certain items before the customer takes delivery. Often it is nobody's fault. I do not have a Tige dealership near where I live, but the alternative brand is 10 minutes away. That played a large role in my decision.

There has been the occasional 'my boat is a lemon' thread around here, but fortunately, we've not seen one in a while. Those threads are from guys who had a whole host of items that should have been caught at one of the steps above. You just hope that your boat was not built on a Friday at Beer:30.

If I had a criticism, it would be from the R and D department. The current ASR hull just appears to not work, and the first generation Z3 never should have been brought to production. The current Z3 is a home run!
                    Your thoughts on R and D are spot on. Including the automobile industry, and with most other power sports, all too often the consumer is doing much of the R and D because there is such a push to get the latest and greatest out. Then you have dealers and their mechanics who don't have all the necessary parts or know how to fix many of the problems. All to satisfy the consumer who, turns out, isn't all that satisfied.
                    "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                      The current ASR hull just appears to not work
                      I am assuming that this is in terms of the surf wake and not the wakeboarding wake. Why would Tige develop the ASR into a surf machine when it already has the Z3? Regarding the wakeboard wake - it is amazing. The only boat that comes close is the G23. It makes a clean wake from 17 - 24 mph. It's infinitely adjustable in terms of size, ramp, and lip. I think it is a home run for Tige and could not be happier with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by SBM1234 View Post
                        I am assuming that this is in terms of the surf wake and not the wakeboarding wake. Why would Tige develop the ASR into a surf machine when it already has the Z3? Regarding the wakeboard wake - it is amazing. The only boat that comes close is the G23. It makes a clean wake from 17 - 24 mph. It's infinitely adjustable in terms of size, ramp, and lip. I think it is a home run for Tige and could not be happier with mine.
                        Correct. I think it should be marketed as an awesome wakeboard boat, but it seems that dealers are trying to sell it as a surf machine. The surfboard storage is one of the coolest ideas ever.
                        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I heard either here or somewhere else that, anecdotally, 90% of people walking into dealerships ask how the boat surfs. We all know the boat has a great wakeboard wake but there has been crickets when asking about the surf wave. I heard that the AVX helps it out and gives it a nice surf wake, so they can now say it surfs fine.

I was just at the LA boat show and while walking around the boats listening to the sales team sell boats all they were talking about was surfing. I didn't hear anyone talk about wakeboarding, except the pro rider who was repping for Supra and talking about the PWT.
                          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

[QUOTE=Ewok;740325]I heard either here or somewhere else that, anecdotally, 90% of people walking into dealerships ask how the boat surfs. [QUOTE]

You know I asked my dealer the same thing. He mentioned that in 2013 90% of his customers were looking to surf. Midway through 2014, he saw a resurgence in wakeboarding enthusiasts and now estimates it to be about 50/50.

And don't get me wrong, we surf when we are dead tired, but don't want to go home yet. The ARS does make a surf wave, and the surf wave is better than my 22Ve, but it is no where close to the quality of the Z3.
                            Last edited by SBM1234; 02-23-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X