Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Owners Maintenance concerns

Hello All,

I am about to purchase a 2015 Tige Z3 and was curious on what sort of mechanical problems people have been having with their 2010-2015 Tiges? I know the engine and screen are pretty new so people can't really comment on that. Any information is good information!

Anything I can replace or work on to make sure I don't have any major issues in the future?

What sort of issues have people had in the first year of operation? Obviously a factory boat will be pretty good but not perfect. I know it takes a bit of time to work out the kinks.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Greeko; 02-13-2015, 07:24 PM.

Congratulations on the purchase! You will be vey happy with it, the Z3 is an excellent boat and you'll get three years of free service and a bow to stern 3-year warranty.

We purchased recently and have had only a few quirks: leaking ballast hose (clamp was loose), a wire to one of the speakers was loose and causing it to cut in and out, and the RGB controller (Wetsounds) was malfunctioning and had to be replaced. We've put about 25 hours on the boat and have already taken it in for the first service. They replaced all the fluids and fixed the warranty items - it is an amazing feeling dropping it off and picking it up without worrying about the repair bill!!!

Since then there are a couple of other nitpicky things we are going to get them to fix. There are a couple of bad spots on the fabric and a wavy area in the gel coat. They are not major, but something we expect to be fixed. So far, the electronics have held up pretty well. You will have the Zero Off speed control with GPS so you won't have the paddle wheel issue we had (we added the Nautic-logic GPS and fixed the surging issue). Other than that I have nothing but happiness with our boat.

Good luck in your purchase!

Comment

Everything you can think of and then some. These boats are hand build one off units. You can and will have problems with any component in the boat. Do some reading on the inter webs about how Tiges quality control has been between 2012 and now. As with any boat it is important that the dealer you choose has a great service department. 99% of customer have what we called a "punch list" at the 20 hour service. Some times minor and sometimes more like geez, how did someone miss that.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I was expecting some issues for the first little bit but wanted to make sure it was nothing excessive.

Comment

It just depends on the boat. 25-50% of new boats sold I saw were in what i would call excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
            It just depends on the boat. 25-50% of new boats sold I saw were in what i would call excessive.
            Seeing as how Ive had the pleasure of doing warranty and service of MC, CC , and Malibu you wont find anymore issues with the Tige brand in quality, in fact we always had more issues with MC,and CC, hands down , so enjoy your purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
              Seeing as how Ive had the pleasure of doing warranty and service of MC, CC , and Malibu you wont find anymore issues with the Tige brand in quality, in fact we always had more issues with MC,and CC, hands down , so enjoy your purchase!
              As a dealer selling Tige's I would imagine this would have to be your response. I know they can all have problems.

Comment

As a dealer selling Tige's I would imagine this would have to be your response. I know they can all have problems.
                I guess you dissregard the part about all the warranty work Ive had to do on the other brands , which has nothing to do with what we sell, nor do have any reason to care what somebody buys, I only base my statements on the facts , you are more then welcome to our dealership and ill pull files for you and and you can look at the MC,and CC issues and tell me what you think ,but if you havent personally worked on all the different brands you have little credibilty!

Comment

I have actually worked for multiple dealers selling multiple lines of boats and other power sports products. I haven't worked for them all. I have owned most, but not all.

I think you show yourself in a very unprofessional light by personally attacking my credibility when you have no idea who I am, what I know, or who I have worked for. I am glad you are having good luck with the Tige line. I wish you continued success.

Comment

The words "I have worked for" and now I'm a disgruntled employee who got fired so now my only goal in life is to piss and moan about Tige boats their dealers and anyone involved with them is what I hear when you post on here! If you had been that involved in the Tige community and spent time at the factory you would know and appreciate the time and effort the ppl involved in the build and sale process of these nearly perfect boats! It blows me away that a guy that worked for one of the best dealers in the nation has nothing but negative about the Tige brand! Just sayin. Rant over. Now you can attack as me I could care less.

Comment

Overall great boat and no real issues. I've owned many different brands and this boat hasn't given me any grief.

Couple of blown fuses for the auto bilge pump. Replaced 4 ballast pumps and both tower lights.

None of these problems caused us loss of time on the lake. The bilge still worked I just had to manually turn it on.
                      The tower lights didn't cycle colors, no biggie. The pumps were just slow and leaky, they did the job, but the dealer put better ones in.

Comment

I just bought a 2015 Z3 and my previous boat was a 2011 RZ2. I put over 500 hours on my RZ2 and it only went in for oil changes. There were never any issues at all in 500 hours. I ran that boat 12 hours per day most days and never an issue. You can't go wrong with a Tige! And if there is an issue they have you covered.

Comment

I have actually worked for multiple dealers selling multiple lines of boats and other power sports products. I haven't worked for them all. I have owned most, but not all.

I think you show yourself in a very unprofessional light by personally attacking my credibility when you have no idea who I am, what I know, or who I have worked for. I am glad you are having good luck with the Tige line. I wish you continued success.
                          Let me clear this up , Im sorry if you thought I was attacking you, I was attacking your statement pertaining to Tige boats, if you can show how one brand is superior to the other show the data, with your opinion, but dont make a blanket statement that has no merrit thats all I was saying, secondly you attacked my credibilty by saying that because Im a dealer my statement has no value but is bias. However I have lots of data pertaining to warranty that I can show if you need it as I stated!

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
                            The words "I have worked for" and now I'm a disgruntled employee who got fired so now my only goal in life is to piss and moan about Tige boats their dealers and anyone involved with them is what I hear when you post on here! If you had been that involved in the Tige community and spent time at the factory you would know and appreciate the time and effort the ppl involved in the build and sale process of these nearly perfect boats! It blows me away that a guy that worked for one of the best dealers in the nation has nothing but negative about the Tige brand! Just sayin. Rant over. Now you can attack as me I could care less.
                            Got fired? Not sure where you get that, but completely false. I take offense to that because I worked hard there and did nothing but positive things for them and the Tige line. I have never been fired from a job in my life. I left because it wasn't the right fit for me. Maybe it wasn't for them either. Bottom line is I left professionally. I gave my 2 weeks and left on friendly terms. I still do business there, I was just there for sleds parts a month back. To say I got fired is a complete lie. Something that you, JLG, completely fabricated and made up. You don't know my past employer, you don't know me, you simply just made that up. I really have no issue with my past employer. Any problems I have are with the Manufacturer themselves. I haven't even went into the real issues on here. The things I have seen and how the factory handled it. I don't care to and honestly because there are people like you, its not worth it. Because instead of thinking WOW that happens, people with ownership goggles just attack. I don't blame anyone for that I was the same way. I attacked people on here and WW who posted negative experiences that seemed far fetched. One such case, a few months later I wrote a guy a long apology when I found out everything he said(and more) was completely true.

I post things because I think there are people that want to hear it. I know when I was in their shoes I would have wanted to hear it. I know there are also some who will say..he's a disgruntled employee, or he's mad because he got fired, or god knows what else. I would never post anything I couldn't back up. Its getting to the point where Its just not worth it. There, my rant it over.
                            Last edited by boardman74; 02-14-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I fix every boat and engine of every brand, gas or diesel, inboard, v-drive etc... Greeko, your boat will have problems so count on that. The new motor is unproven and I've written several replies to that effect. Any of the common problems seen across particular models can be brought up and addressed here but if you like the boat, you're going to love using it. Everyone keep in mind this is disposable income and statistically speaking someone is going to get an all Friday built boat that craps on every weekend it's taken out. Rare but it happens. As was stated above, find a service dept you can have confidence in and enjoy. Congratulations on your boat purchase and if you're near lake Mohave the weekend of 4/10-13 there wil be a bunch of Tige owners out of cottonwood cove. There's another thread on that.
                              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                              X