For the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retox1 View Post
    Not sure if I'd want to slalom behind a 22ve. It's pretty much the same hull as my RZ2 and even with no ballast there's a pretty decent bump back there.
    I have slalom countless times behind my 22ve and yes it is a little bit taller than a DD but nothing a good/decent skier can't overcome. The wave is similar in being flat like the DD, but perhaps a little wider. The one thing I noticed with the 22ve and now my z3 is that they tend to throw a spray from the taps plate a ways back which make it difficult to shorten the rope much more than 22 off unless you want to be blinded with water wash.
    Set the taps around a 2 to 2-1/2 and you shouldn't have any issues with a 22ve. Its a misconception to have it at a 1 or slalom setting as you will have a rougher wake. Play with it as each boat is different and that's what worked for me. I have even went with as many as 6 people in the boat and had no issue cutting. Perhaps a little slower but I won't be going pro anytime soon and am just a recreational skier.

Comment

I'll throw my experience in here as well as it is a bit like your journey. I sold my nice 20' bow rider and went with a 22ve. I was quite nervous the first time in the boat as it felt MUCH larger than my old bow rider. I'm totally fine with it now, I guess what I'm saying is, it seemed quite a jump in size. I have an 06 but it has the Perfect Pass and works awesome. The walk through transom is very nice and was important to us when looking. My deck is teak, however the PO had it Line Xed or whatever truck bed liner they used and I really like it. It's a little rough so we don't slide around on it and it matches the boat well. I would highly recommend it if you have a teak deck and don't like the maitanence.

I haven't gotten the chance to slalom behind this boat as last summer I was recovering from a torn Achilles but from the looks of the wake at speed it certainly is no bigger than my old boat. I'm looking forward to testing it this summer. Like others I'm no pro either.

Good luck in your journey! This forum is outstanding with tons of support.
      "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Originally posted by WYTige? View Post
        I'll throw my experience in here as well as it is a bit like your journey. I sold my nice 20' bow rider and went with a 22ve. I was quite nervous the first time in the boat as it felt MUCH larger than my old bow rider. I'm totally fine with it now, I guess what I'm saying is, it seemed quite a jump in size. I have an 06 but it has the Perfect Pass and works awesome. The walk through transom is very nice and was important to us when looking. My deck is teak, however the PO had it Line Xed or whatever truck bed liner they used and I really like it. It's a little rough so we don't slide around on it and it matches the boat well. I would highly recommend it if you have a teak deck and don't like the maitanence.

I haven't gotten the chance to slalom behind this boat as last summer I was recovering from a torn Achilles but from the looks of the wake at speed it certainly is no bigger than my old boat. I'm looking forward to testing it this summer. Like others I'm no pro either.

Good luck in your journey! This forum is outstanding with tons of support.
        Thanks and yes our outlook is very much the same. I too tore my hamstring last summer waterskiing. I am looking forward to trying on a new style boat. If at all possible could I get a description of what your boat has for ammenities, what you would look for and what it you may not.

Thanks again

Comment

Our boat has ballast system (albeit not set up for surfing but throws a great wakeboard wake) upgraded sound system with Samson tower speakers, two amps, heater, and Perfect Pass. Like others have mentioned I would be sure to check out the Tige Cruise if it doesn't have Perfect Pass. Ours has the 5.7l MP motor which is a great motor with a good track record and it has more than enough power. A transom shower would be nice but not a dealer break, as the heater works great.

I'm not sure there is anything else that I would look for as far as creature comforts. I'll be upgrading my ballast system so it would have been nice to start from scratch there but I'll manage just fine with some of the existing equipment.

The biggest surprise to me with these tow boats is how pricey everything is. Yikes!! Oh well, I plan on having this one for awhile so one step at a time.
          "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Oh, and after owning a 20' bow rider, I wouldn't go anything less than a 22ft if you can. It is a nice upgrade and well worth it!!
            "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Sounds like we should find him the best Tige for under 30K! Ok, that was sort of arbitrary, but it sounds like you would spend 30 if you thought it was a good buy and worth paying more than 20.

I found this 22Ve for 27K. Not my favorite colors and it has the 06 Tige cruise, which is not as bad as I make it out to be. Does not seem like a bad deal to me. The ad is sparse on information and pictures though.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...=tige&ad_cid=3
              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

For reference, the "Ve" is just the revamped "V" starting in 2006. I think it would also help if you gave us your location, and how far you are willing to travel. Also, I get that you are flexible on your budget, but some kind of guidance is going to help. To use the example above, I want the best tige for under __k or even a ballpark range (i.e. 30-35k). If it's a baseline boat, we also have a good idea for added costs for ballast, audio upgrades, etc. Personally if I had the money to spend, I'd get an '09 Ve with the vision air chair and alpha Z tower. That's obviously going to be at the top end though.

Everybody here likes looking at boats, especially when it's not their money. Help us help you.

Here's an '08 for $35 in KY. http://lakecumberlandmarine.com/2008...-ve-pre-owned/

Comment

Originally posted by WHammond View Post
                  For reference, the "Ve" is just the revamped "V" starting in 2006. I think it would also help if you gave us your location, and how far you are willing to travel. Also, I get that you are flexible on your budget, but some kind of guidance is going to help. To use the example above, I want the best tige for under __k or even a ballpark range (i.e. 30-35k). If it's a baseline boat, we also have a good idea for added costs for ballast, audio upgrades, etc. Personally if I had the money to spend, I'd get an '09 Ve with the vision air chair and alpha Z tower. That's obviously going to be at the top end though.

Everybody here likes looking at boats, especially when it's not their money. Help us help you.

Here's an '08 for $35 in KY. http://lakecumberlandmarine.com/2008...-ve-pre-owned/
                  I love my 09 22Ve because of the amenities you mentioned!! Plus the upgraded ballast ive done and way upgraded stereo. I had the pleasure of ordering mine (I Live about 2 hours from the factory) it was ordered with every option i could add without the shower, in Texas the shower isnt a true necessity because we can boat in wetsuits year round and really be ok.

Good luck with your search Tundra, and whats your location? If you are close i wouldnt mind giving a tow and let you check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by WHammond View Post

Location is Spokane, Wa. 99218 - 2-3 day drive max 600 miles per day
                    Price range.....35 - 39k possible finance
                    colors do matter....1st choice - grey/white interior........2nd choice - red/white interior....3rd choice - royal blue/white.....everything else is questionable
                    preferably without ballast mainly so i can have it customized right the first time
                    Upgraded Audio is a bonus
                    22 foot V or Ve............................MPI engine or equivelant
                    tower, bimini, speakers, racks, lights, transom led
                    over sized swim platform
                    **the space in which I store the boat will only allow for a 22 foot boat**
                    Last edited by tundra03; 01-27-2015, 04:32 AM.

Comment

I sent you an email.

Comment

Working...
                      X