No announcement yet.

Deals on boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I consider the pricing very aggressive as well. It's a GREAT! deal on a Z3. However, I'm with boardman here fellas. I sat down and priced it out as close as I could option wise and it's definitely not priced at invoice. I would go as far as to say it's 10 grand above invoice. Just because a dealer says it is and produces a sheet that has a price on it that says it's invoice doesn't mean it is. No offense boardman or any other dealer owner or employee. A dealership is a business..... cars, boats, motorcycles.... whatever... it's a business and they are gonna bullshit you till the cows come home to make money. It's business.

Comment

I'm thinking real hard about a z3. I would need to sell my z1 first though. Seems like you have a lot of experience boardman, what would be a fair price for a 13 z1 with 120 hours? It has 4 rev 10's xxxv2 sub and sd amps . I also put led rings on all speakers. Pro ballast but no convex vx.

Comment

@chris…I will do a little research for you and shoot you a PM.

Comment

Thanks boardman

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBarnes05-12-84 View Post
            I'm thinking real hard about a z3. I would need to sell my z1 first though. Seems like you have a lot of experience boardman, what would be a fair price for a 13 z1 with 120 hours? It has 4 rev 10's xxxv2 sub and sd amps . I also put led rings on all speakers. Pro ballast but no convex vx.
            The sad news I have learned is that those items will help your boat sell more quickly, but way too many buyers will not pay more for them. If they see your boat and a boat without it, if your boat costs more, they will go with less options the vast majority of the time.

Before I get beat up by someone on the website here that says they did pay more on a used boat for those things, keep in mind that obsessives who troll Tigeowners regularly, are 1 percenters. Meaning they do 99% more research than the average buyer.

I do think that those boats are solid deals. Too bad that the Salt Lake area has to switch to another dealer again. It would be worth the trip, especially if the prices listed at the Denver boat show are any indication.
            Last edited by talltigeguy; 01-18-2015, 10:49 PM.
            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Yeah I realize the stereo really adds no value. What I am thinking about doing is downgrading at least the amps before I sell. Maybe some syn or ht lines. I could just put 1 syn 2 for all 4 tower speakers and call it a tower of power on my sell ad. Tige has been getting away with it for years why not me.then switch the in boats to 1 syn 4 and call it a day! I may upgrade the ballast to set it apart from the others I will be selling against. Boardman74 also informed me I can no longer get a convex vx so I'm SOL there. The boat has the 1235 prop already so extra weight won't be an issue. My goal will be to fetch 55-60 hopefully.

Comment

Chris- my last 2 boats have had a "with stereo and without stereo" price. My first boat the buyer wanted it with stereo and payed a little more for it, however I didn't recover full cost I did see 50% return. On my second boat which was traded to a dealer the dealer knew I had a killer 10k system and he advised I removed and sold on the side, which is exactly what I did. I shopped on ebay for some cheaper decent brand amps to replace out the SD amps and pulled the higher quality speakers. I always keep the stereo that came in the boat as there is no way I am giving away a $10,000 sound system! Just my experience

Comment

I agree with JLG.

My dealer told me the same when I trade my boat in. He will essentially pay me 25% of what my audio system is worth.... I don't think so!

Comment

WTH2.jpgNot to sidetrack...but this guy thought that his stereo should add an extra 40K to the price:
                    WTH.jpg
                    Last edited by talltigeguy; 01-20-2015, 07:55 PM.
                    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I remember that douchebag!

Here is a perfect meme for that guy
                      image.jpg
                      Last edited by ChrisBarnes05-12-84; 01-20-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X