New to me RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cal-riss View Post
    I'll be using the boat in Parker mostly, occasionally we drive up the road to Havasu but not very often.
    Where do you get wet?
    Havasu -- out of Havasu Springs. Maybe we'll see you up that way sometime. Congrats again on the boat and getting it back safely. Sounds like a hell of a drive.

Comment

I loooooove that color combo! Super sick!
      2000 21V Fox Riders Edition
      2007 Chevy Duramax crew cab short bed

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
        Very nice indeed.

Interesting that it has New Hampshire registration, yet came from Illinois.

Also interesting how far up the TAPS plate goes. Mine doesn't go anywhere near that far at its max up position.
        Does this look right?

20150115_203305.jpg20150115_204215.jpg

Comment

RZR do porous in the water because it is a 20 ft boat at speeds higher than 24 mph. This all depends how much ballast in the bow and where your passengers are in the boat. Just be careful going fast across the lake faster than 23-24 mph. This is when mine starts to porous. Be sure to lower the TAPS all the way down to help reduce this porpous affect.
          I keep my front ballast full 100 percent of the time for surfing and wake boarding. RZR loves weight up front!
          Nick
          Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Some early production RZR got an extra bushing (spacer) inside the cylinder to extend the arm a bit longer (lower).
            Nick
            Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I would say that does not look right. I have never seen one that goes up that far.

Comment

I don't think it will hurt your performance unless there are issues getting the nose down (TAPS @ 1). I don't think anyone sets the TAPS above 6 so you shouldn't be riding with the plate that high, but if you do just think of it as being more adjustable than most.

Now there is something that has peaked my curiosity: What is the white stuff that's all over the actuator? Are you wet sanding and polishing the boat?

Comment

Is that second pic Taps @ 1? I'm not able to check mine, but shouldn't it be able to go further down than that?

Comment

Yikes, good thing the sphincters didn't relax... That would've made a messy situation messier!!

Comment

Originally posted by SBM1234 View Post
                      I don't think it will hurt your performance unless there are issues getting the nose down (TAPS @ 1). I don't think anyone sets the TAPS above 6 so you shouldn't be riding with the plate that high, but if you do just think of it as being more adjustable than most.

Now there is something that has peaked my curiosity: What is the white stuff that's all over the actuator? Are you wet sanding and polishing the boat?
                      I have no idea what is all over the actuator. I tried washing it off but no such luck.

Comment

Originally posted by supremedevice View Post
                        Is that second pic Taps @ 1? I'm not able to check mine, but shouldn't it be able to go further down than that?
                        Yes, The TAPS is set all the way down in the second picture.

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
                          RZR do porous in the water because it is a 20 ft boat at speeds higher than 24 mph. This all depends how much ballast in the bow and where your passengers are in the boat. Just be careful going fast across the lake faster than 23-24 mph. This is when mine starts to porous. Be sure to lower the TAPS all the way down to help reduce this porpous affect.
                          I keep my front ballast full 100 percent of the time for surfing and wake boarding. RZR loves weight up front!
                          Do you ever run the boat up in the 30 MPH range? How does it behave? I ask because we enjoy slalom skiing occasionally.

Comment

Acetone (finger nail polish remover) might help get the white stuff off. Interesting how the top of the actuator doesn't have the issue, maybe it was replaced after they painted the underside of the swim platform.

Anyway, you might look into the spacer option mentioned above it you have trouble getting on plane.

You may have to shift people and/or ballast to get it to run 30 mph, bow weight seemed to help my 22ve quite a bit. I'm about to drop some lead in my ASR to get it to quit porpousing at wakeboarding speeds when running the TAPS above 3.

Comment

Boat runs fine at 30 mph, but you need to use the TAPS. You aren't extending nearly far enough in the lower position. I think you are going to have an issue with higher speeds if you don't correct that.

Comment

Working...
                              X