New to me RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me RZR

Drove from California to Illinois to pick it up. Worth every mile.
    20141230_144222.jpg

Congrats! I love that color combo.

Comment

nice looking boat.

Comment

Very nice indeed.

Interesting that it has New Hampshire registration, yet came from Illinois.

Also interesting how far up the TAPS plate goes. Mine doesn't go anywhere near that far at its max up position.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
          Very nice indeed.

Interesting that it has New Hampshire registration, yet came from Illinois.

Also interesting how far up the TAPS plate goes. Mine doesn't go anywhere near that far at its max up position.
          It would seem that it might not get very deep into the water when the ram is fully extended on that beast. I wonder if the previous owner got rid of it because it porpoises so bad at speeds over 25MPH. A simple extension on the TAPS ram would fix that.

Nice boat!
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Congrats on the RZR you will love it, and welcome to the site.

Comment

It came from a dealer, B & R Marine in Springfield, IL. The dealer told me it was traded in on an ASR. It had a "Northern Boats & Boards" sticker on it, so I'm guessing that's where it came from originally.
              I think the picture is a bit deceiving, I'll take a better picture of the TAPS plate tonight.

Comment

Great looking boat. In all seriousness, I bet that was a fun trip! I bet you grinned the whole way home!
                "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Welcome to the Tige Family. Great looking boat. Will bring many hours of fun!
                  "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Nice looking boat. Must have gotten a smoking deal to drive that far!!

Comment

It was one of the Gnarliest road trips I've ever been on. I left the day after christmas, so i traveled during a cold spell that left snow down to the 2k foot mark in Cal. I wouldn't say I'm super experienced at cold weather/snow driving, and my inexperience became all too clear to me when I put the truck and boats sideways during a snow storm on I-40 somewhere in New Mexico. Thankfully, somehow, i was able to straighten it out None the less I headed due south out of Albuquerque towards I-10 to find warmer weather for the rest of the drive home. Other than that, yeah, I grinned all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by cal-riss View Post
                        It was one of the Gnarliest road trips I've ever been on. I left the day after christmas, so i traveled during a cold spell that left snow down to the 2k foot mark in Cal. I wouldn't say I'm super experienced at cold weather/snow driving, and my inexperience became all too clear to me when I put the truck and boats sideways during a snow storm on I-40 somewhere in New Mexico. Thankfully, somehow, i was able to straighten it out None the less I headed due south out of Albuquerque towards I-10 to find warmer weather for the rest of the drive home. Other than that, yeah, I grinned all the way.
                        Nice! Congrats on the purchase!
                        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by cal-riss View Post
                          It was one of the Gnarliest road trips I've ever been on... I put the truck and boats sideways during a snow storm on I-40 somewhere in New Mexico.
                          Talk about pucker factor. Brand new boat on the trailer and you're wondering if it's going to get wrecked before you get it in the water!

Sorta been there, done that. I drove to Billings MT to pick up our first new (used) boat. On the way home a trailer axle U-bolt failed, swinging the axle rearward and shredding the rear tire against the trailer frame. I was surrounded by semis at night on a Montana freeway doing 70+ with a new boat. I looked in my rearview mirror to see why I'm suddenly pulling hard to the left, realized my situation, involuntarily tightened every sphincter muscle, figured the boat is a goner if only because its hull is now grinding into dust on the asphalt, and focused on staying alive. I looked forward again and - I was alone. No trucks anywhere on a flat straight stretch of freeway. I have no idea where those semis went, but their absence allowed me to manuvuer onto the shoulder. Result: The hull was inches above the pavement but utterly untouched. Next morning, replaced both tires, one wheel, fixed the axle, replaced the U-bolt, and drove the rest of the way home. That boat is still on our lake running strong. Perhaps the Universe does these things to new boat owners to humble us, eh?

Comment

Looks really nice. Congrats. I'm in So Cal as well. Where do you plan to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                              Looks really nice. Congrats. I'm in So Cal as well. Where do you plan to use it?
                              I'll be using the boat in Parker mostly, occasionally we drive up the road to Havasu but not very often.
                              Where do you get wet?

Comment

Working...
                              X