No announcement yet.

VX vs. AVX angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVX all the way up, literally has about a fingers width gap between the swim platform and the VX. Setting 5 (of 10) on the AVX looks to be about the same spot as the '14 VX bracket position.

Comment

The AVX could be run with a switch and 12v power, the difficulty would be some sort of a guage that would look good in a Tige.

I'm attaching a picture of the VX on the 2014 Z3 that was used for some tournaments and was then my Tige Reps boat. This boat basically has 2015 ballast, similar to Enzo sacks in the back and larger sacks in front (around 500 each side I was told). I was told Ragboy set it up, but that may not be factual. Regardless, this boat has a stellar wave. Many of the "stock" VX's we sold last year seemed to not have enough "push" in the wave and there was some soft or dead spots in the wave. The pocket was long but some people struggled keeping up with the boat. This boat in the picture has a ton of push but not quite as much length to the pocket, maybe 3' less length (than a stock VX on a heavily ballasted Z3) but way more push. Plenty of length, still longer than with no VX and more height like a boat with no VX. This boat was referred to over and over as the best wave these people (mostly Tige owners) had ever surfed. vx.JPG
      "Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted....the problem is I don't know which half."

Comment

@emptyboat. I'd love to get mine setup to match. Some one needs to get those brackets and make a copy!

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Originally posted by empty_boat View Post
          The AVX could be run with a switch and 12v power, the difficulty would be some sort of a guage that would look good in a Tige.

I'm attaching a picture of the VX on the 2014 Z3 that was used for some tournaments and was then my Tige Reps boat. This boat basically has 2015 ballast, similar to Enzo sacks in the back and larger sacks in front (around 500 each side I was told). I was told Ragboy set it up, but that may not be factual. Regardless, this boat has a stellar wave. Many of the "stock" VX's we sold last year seemed to not have enough "push" in the wave and there was some soft or dead spots in the wave. The pocket was long but some people struggled keeping up with the boat. This boat in the picture has a ton of push but not quite as much length to the pocket, maybe 3' less length (than a stock VX on a heavily ballasted Z3) but way more push. Plenty of length, still longer than with no VX and more height like a boat with no VX. This boat was referred to over and over as the best wave these people (mostly Tige owners) had ever surfed. [ATTACH]39167[/ATTACH]
          I'll be honest, If I was a 14 Z3 owner and then found out that Tige had a boat (and the knowledge) that a different angled VX on it would solve the problems with push in Z3's that had come off the line previous I would be livid. As far as I'm concerned you Z3 owners should be shipped anything and everything to achieve what's on this tournament boat because that's what Tige sold you... " the best surf boat on the market". I'm not saying they need to provide the bags but a optimal angle fixed VX for sure. I personally think that's a shady and dishonest way of doing business. All that says to me is that Tige's R&D was not thorough before VX's were shipped prior to this new optimal angle VX and now a variable one. Boats are soooooo expensive these days. I know it's easy for Tige to say well just buy a 15, but that's not an option for most people.

Comment

I'm attaching a picture of the VX on the 2014 Z3 that was used for some tournaments and was then my Tige Reps boat. This boat basically has 2015 ballast, similar to Enzo sacks in the back and larger sacks in front (around 500 each side I was told). I was told Ragboy set it up, but that may not be factual. Regardless, this boat has a stellar wave. Many of the "stock" VX's we sold last year seemed to not have enough "push" in the wave and there was some soft or dead spots in the wave. The pocket was long but some people struggled keeping up with the boat. This boat in the picture has a ton of push but not quite as much length to the pocket, maybe 3' less length (than a stock VX on a heavily ballasted Z3) but way more push. Plenty of length, still longer than with no VX and more height like a boat with no VX. This boat was referred to over and over as the best wave these people (mostly Tige owners) had ever surfed. [ATTACH]39167[/ATTACH]
            That boat did have a steller wave I drove it for the EWT tour in Colorado. My only complaint besides the cracked tower (I'm sure they fixed) was that was the loudest boat I have ever driven. The 2015 I drive was so quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by RZRCO23 View Post
              I'll be honest, If I was a 14 Z3 owner and then found out that Tige had a boat (and the knowledge) that a different angled VX on it would solve the problems with push in Z3's that had come off the line previous I would be livid. As far as I'm concerned you Z3 owners should be shipped anything and everything to achieve what's on this tournament boat because that's what Tige sold you... " the best surf boat on the market". I'm not saying they need to provide the bags but a optimal angle fixed VX for sure. I personally think that's a shady and dishonest way of doing business. All that says to me is that Tige's R&D was not thorough before VX's were shipped prior to this new optimal angle VX and now a variable one. Boats are soooooo expensive these days. I know it's easy for Tige to say well just buy a 15, but that's not an option for most people.
              Every brand of wake boat out there is an ongoing upgrade , should CC provide an Nss system to their boats, should Malibu provide Surf Gate to there boats , no because there is always going to be an improvement or change , either mid year or full year , for instance VX inproved the stock hull , should all prior boats get a VX cause it was better?

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
                Every brand of wake boat out there is an ongoing upgrade , should CC provide an Nss system to their boats, should Malibu provide Surf Gate to there boats , no because there is always going to be an improvement or change , either mid year or full year , for instance VX inproved the stock hull , should all prior boats get a VX cause it was better?
                I respect your opinion but your trying to compare apples to oranges. All wakeboat companies are continuing to upgrade but you can't compare a delayed convergence system to the VX. They are two different animals and different physics all together. What are you going to upgrade on a NSS or surfage system... faster actuators, lights on a tower. What has made surfgate better for Malibu... complete hull redesigns, 23lsv 22vlx, t22, a22, a24. Tige says they don't need delayed convergence and I agree.... they don't. Ive seen plenty of posts here of people who are z1 and z3 owners complaining of no push from VX boats. The solution, slam it with weight.... they simply did not have enough weight and some people were uncomfortable with that. On the other hand I've also seen people comment about boats that were weighted heavily and loved the length the wave provided but still said it was lacking in the power of the wave itself. This isn't a Bayliner.... it's a 100k wakeboat and if Tige is fine with letting boats continue to come off their factory floor with incorrect angled VX brackets and with the knowledge that the VX could have been better just so they could sell boats for the model year then so be it. I've been behind 3 different surf system boats and you have to weight the crap out of them and surf at 8 to 10 gph... but ya know what, they certainly don't lack push and their owners know that and it was transparent that's how it was from purchase to use. Transparency is the key.

Original post that I commented on says... "Many of the "stock" VX's we sold last year seemed to not have enough "push" in the wave and there was some soft or dead spots in the wave." Just like I said, exactly what I've read from z1 and z3 owners. Even competition weighted... boat lacked push until this rep owned boat got a new VX. Sorry, to me that's unacceptable. I love my Tige and love the company but I'm not going to not say something because people might get upset about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RZRCO23 View Post
                  I don't entirely agree or disagree with this comment from RZRCO23. There have obviously been some issues with the VX brackets. 1st shipped out with all together incorrect brackets that did not match up to their development brackets...just ask most the 13 VX owners. Tige did send out the corrected brackets for dealers to install and cover the costs...good job Tige. On the other hand they expected the dealers to notify the customers instead of sending a notice direct notifying the owner of the recall/upgrade...not so good Tige. Now it appears that there is an even better bracket available. As a guy that works with an Ag OEM I would feel at this point Tige should not be responsible for providing the "tournament" brackets but as a courtesy could offer them for purchase at a "reasonable" price. An OEM needs to provide what was committed and they did this by trying to assure people got the original design as promised...now they have something better than advertised and could easily make this available at a cost. To me this would be a decent solution, if you want a tournament wave you would have the option to pay a little and have it vs. Purchasing a new boat
                  "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

VX vs. AVX angle

Something tells me this could be as simple as some people like angle 1 and some people prefer bracket 2. Similar to how some people prefer taps 2 and others taps 4. That would have logically led to an avx. We already know that ragboy said the avx in shallow water likes a different angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Stingreye; 01-18-2015, 05:00 PM.
                    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

IMO, this is a moving target. Every time the weight setup changes, which could be as simple as changing from a smaller rider to a larger rider, and the speed changes, your wave is going to change. This would require a different angled bracket. How can Tige address this and actually produce "the correct angle brackets"?

What the need to do is make an adjustable VX that the driver can change the angle as needed, so they can always fine tune the wave as the setup changes.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I think I line up with dandy on this. At least offer us the parts to buy. We can't all buy new every year. I do understand that everyone likes the wave a bit different, but we still have a TAPS setting to play with, ballast and people positioning.

It goes a long ways to creating brand loyalty.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Here is my question , was the wake improved from plane standard hull to the addition of the VX, if not then you have a valid point ,if it was better to what degree should a manufacturer be required to keep on updating an owners boat everytime they find something that could be better, or should they just have waited till the next model year for an upgrade, and should they have to go back to all VX equipped hulls and give them the new AVX ?

Comment

There's been some great points made and I would be perfectly happy with them offering owners the opportunity to purchase the brackets that make the best VX angle that R&D at Tige has found. I would expect it to be reasonably priced as well. There's no doubt that Tige has the cleanest wave face with lip out of any boat I've ever rode. Consistent push is key though.

Comment

After reading all of this and surfing every tige model on the lake, my boat is an rz2 with tons of ballast and a correct vx on it and when I get time next summer I'm going to fab up some custom brackets and change the angle of mine, like the one empty boat has and I have no issues at all with my wake it's stellar on both sides but I like tweeking things but I know with what I already have for ballast after I change it it's going to be epic, I love the wave now but I know it will be massive when I'm done, even more so than it already is.
                              surf till u die.

Comment

That is an expensive boat to be sitting out in the elements and covered in snow.....I struggle having my (new to me) 2000 being somewhat exposed.....I couldn't imagine having a 2014 outside in the middle of the winter...

Comment

Working...
                                X