Too Cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I build unmanned boats for a living! They're out there

Illegal to use them though..... stupid boating rules.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Comment

2000 20CI, Lake of the Ozarks. I live at Gravois Mills. We will be on the water Sunday. Maybe because the water is so much smoother this time of year, I think the boat goes faster. Attached pix is local advertising on Highway 5. M&MCRAPPY DOCK REPAIR.jpg

Comment

Ummmm.....October is the worst month of the year to be on the water. Waaaay too cold. Please wrap your boat on Labor Day and put it in storage until July 4th.

Comment

I just picked up a beautiful Quiksilver 4/3 wetsuit online for $100--close out. I think I would be comfortable down to low 50s for sure. Dry suit me and things could get crazy!
          Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

I guess in Colorado we are used to cold water or something. Our water temp doesn't usually get into the 70's until mid-June so if the 60's are too cold, you have a long time to wait to go boating and then only 3 months to do it before the water temp drops again. The 40 degree nights right now are a little chilly so you have to wait until noon or so to get the boat in the water.

Comment

well i feel like a wuss for even questioning going! we went and it was a great day. i wore a shorty wet suit and it was great. i think i would have been fine without it. kids went with and without one and were fine. we are going to start a tradition of going the weekend before Halloween. something tells me they won't all be 85 degrees! sad thing is i dropped the boat at dealer for winteriztion. see you next spring!

Comment

Did you goto the state park? I swear I saw your boat from land on Sunday, but didn't see you when we were on the water. The water was cold but the day was awesome!!!

Comment

Was freezing down here in Phoenix this weekend. Almost needed a towel when getting out of the water it was so cold.
                  20141025_140423.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by turbonine View Post
                    Was freezing down here in Phoenix this weekend. Almost needed a towel when getting out of the water it was so cold.
                    [ATTACH]38740[/ATTACH]
                    Brrrr! How on earth did you manage? BTW - that's a end of July reading for the lake I go to. I've only seen it above 75 a few times.

Comment

Rode yesterday here in west tenn Air 82 water 70 very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone got a DeLorean I can borrow so I can go back two weekends, avoid winterizing the boat, and then decide to hit LOTO this past weekend? Sat-Sun would've been perfect down there. Kids would've been happy to skip soccer games and b-day parties to get on the water one more time. Damn. Wish I wouldn't have read this thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X