Too Cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Cold?

Thinking about going to Lake Ozark this weekend. It's supposed to be mid 80's but water temp is 65 ! Thoughts??

Go!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I went out last weekend here in Colorado, air was in the 70's and water temp was about 60. The sun was shining and my buddy jumped in without a wetsuit and said it was tolerable.

Comment

I'll be out in the state park both days, trace is supposed to be out Sunday. GO!

Comment

Go…thats like summer weather for us!!

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
            Go…thats like summer weather for us!!
            X2

I usually ride with a neoprene shirt with mid 60s water and a full suit below that - depending on what the air temp and sunshine level to get out to is. At 65 water temp, and getting out to 80s, especially if the sun is shining is damn near perfect around here.
            "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

GO!! Jeremiah.

007 is right, I'll be out in the state park all day Sunday, supposed to be a beautiful weekend.

Comment

Jealous for sure. Get on the water!

Comment

62 is my limit for no wetsuit. I have a 5/4 I'll use down to about 50.

I'd be dying for 65 degree water.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Comment

For the love of all things good and right, get out there!
                    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Jealous also. Wish I were closer to LOTO. 65 is almost to warm might take the speedo
                      But seriously leave the speedo at home and enjoy the nice weather this wkend.

Comment

65 is getting chill, however it is most certainly doable without a wet suit. I prefer one at that temp but at 60 many of my friends still don't. It was my Christmas present to myself last year. I am gearing up right now for thanksgiving camping on Colorado river. Need suits for kids. It is cold water. We all did it last year with no suits. Enjoy while you can.

Comment

It's too cold I think. Now if your going for a cruise that's fine. But there is no way I'm jumping in water that cold.

Comment

I was there a week ago Thursday when it was 68 water, 77 air. Slalom skied - it definitely got your attention getting in but once out it was fab - water was great! I went in with no wind shirt, just vest. Go, Go, Go! I wish we could go, but prior commitments, dang it...

Comment

Go!!! I live in Festus, MO and would love to Lake Kinkaid or Clearwater Monday and/or Tuesday but I can't find anyone willing and unfortunately Google hasn't invented the self driving boat. If anyone here is in the area and willing I would host the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X