Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: Newb on forum--first Tige and pumped up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stingreye;

Now if I had a lake with covered lift? I would be in HEAVEN.
    Me too Brother, me too!

Comment

Well, I also have a covered lift on a lake I must admit--for both boats--the rub is that I live where the season is 4 months long. Then you pay nice people to remove your nice covered hoists and docks and we all go indoors for 8 straight months. Then you pay nice people to store your boats too. Pretty standard is $15 per foot per season. I would much rather trade all of that for a year round warm climate, but I am firmly planted here.

After 8 months of cave dwelling, we all spring from our homes in April squinting and wondering what that shiny sphere in the sky is. People around here say they love the seasons; I think they are lying. Snowmobiling is kind of fun, for a little while. Boating and associated activities are WAY more fun--and family friendly.

No state income tax though, gotta LOVE that. And lots of ringneck pheasants to shoot.

MP
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
        Pretty standard is $15 per foot per season.
        Works out to a bit less than $2/month, pretty reasonable. My first read of that was $15/month, I nearly fell off my chair.

People around here say they love the seasons; I think they are lying.
        We say that and mean it here, because we have mountains with ski resorts in them. Does ND have decent skiing? I don't know my Dakotas very well.

No state income tax though, gotta LOVE that.
        Very much!

Comment

Okay, make no mistake, I am from SOUTH Dakota, not North Dakota. Now this may seem trivial to you, but as it turns out the ONLY place we can even attempt to ridicule is North Dakota, so its precious to us in that regard. We do not have decent skiing, as our topography is that roughly of a pancake. A huge, rectangular pancake. The only exception is the very western edge of the state where the Black Hills are located. They are beautiful, fun ancient mountains that receive a lot of snow and have a couple of decent ski areas. They however are 5 hours from where I live.

Its okay to not know your Dakotas, there are only around 600,000 of us in South and about the same in North. We definitely aren't major players in the USA!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
            Now this may seem trivial to you, but as it turns out the ONLY place we can even attempt to ridicule is North Dakota, so its precious to us in that regard.
            Good one! I think we have very similar senses of humor.

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the site. The people on this site have been a great help to me as this was my first summer. Where at in SD? I grew up in Black Hills. And bought my RZ2 in Rapid last March.

Comment

Welcome to the family! I grew up in Saskatchewan so I know the prairie life!

I'm stretching my garage next year to fit the boat. It's easily done..... just write a cheque with several zeros.

Truth be told I have no zeros so I have a long summer ahead.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ochrod View Post
                  Congrats and welcome to the site. The people on this site have been a great help to me as this was my first summer. Where at in SD? I grew up in Black Hills. And bought my RZ2 in Rapid last March.
                  I am in Sioux Falls, and boat in Okoboji IA. This site is chocked full of information. I am amazed.

MP

Comment

That garage is huge. I can barely fit my RZR in our garage at an angle and there is nothing else in there except for lawn equipment. Indoor rack storage here is 15$ a foot with a 30 foot minimum. So if you are under 30 you still pay for 30 a total rip job.

Comment

Working...
                    X