Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: Newb on forum--first Tige and pumped up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning: Newb on forum--first Tige and pumped up!

Greetings all--

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL FORUM. I am so impressed thus far. I have had my 2006 Tige 24Ve for a week, and am already knee deep into heavy modifications. Thanks already to WAB for answering a couple of in depth questions, and to Michael of MLA for spending time with me on the phone on a couple of occasions. My destination is Crazy Surfballastville USA, and I am going to use the winter to get there.

I scared up a 2006 with 127 hrs on it and a VERY pleasing Kicker sound system, so let the adventure begin. I have 4 kids 10 and under, and we are going to be a boarding and surfing clan. We have had a lake cabin for 4 years, an IO tritoon for 3 years, and are tired of dropping anchor and swimming on the Maui Mat. Its time to get active!

I look forward to learning much and likely adding a little (I hope). Godspeed!
    Attached Files
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Congrats! Welcome to the forum and the world of inboards and Tige. It's going to be a steep learning curve but it sounds like you're in the right place. There is already tons of great info on this site so use the search function to your hearts content but if you don't find what your looking for, don't be afraid to ask.

This time of year we will see quite a few threads about winterizing and winter mods, so it's a great time to be active.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

CONGRATS! Awesome first post! welcome to the family!

Comment

Congrats, looks like a sweet boat!

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

I see lots and lots of boat modification how to's and so forth on this site, but we are all missing one super important issue:

Does anyone have any tried and true methods for easily making your garage bigger? Gonna be a little tight this winter! Maybe "cozy" is a better way to describe it.
            Attached Files

Comment

whatta ya mean that garage looks great for the boat. I gotta park mine sideways in the winter (3 car and not deep enough). Seriously, welcome to TO.com and new adventure. Lts of good info here and folks that help out. Boat look sgreat btw. congrats.

Comment

Okay I won't cry too much. With every one being so crafty on this site I figured there may exist a "garage stretcher" or something similar that you can make with a few simple tools from Home Depot.

Comment

Congrats on the boat! Looks snice!

Just tell the kids that daddy got a new toy so you have to get rid of your toys so daddy can fit it in the garage.
                  "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                    ... With every one being so crafty on this site I figured there may exist a "garage stretcher" or something similar that you can make with a few simple tools from Home Depot.

Comment

No crying. You should consider yourself pretty lucky to put a 24 foot boat in the garage with quite a bit of room left in front and behind. I have a triple car garage that is only 20' deep which is useless so my boat gets to sit out on the driveway all season and I get to spend $$ to store it for the winter.

Comment

Congratulations! I have garage envy my 24V sits outside in the backyard
                        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                          I have garage envy my 24V sits outside in the backyard
                          You think YOU have garage envy... imagine how your BOAT feels, sitting out there all alone in the cold!

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                            You think YOU have garage envy... imagine how your BOAT feels, sitting out there all alone in the cold!
                            Your right.... my poor boat, we have an expected LOW of 57 degrees tonight! Time to winterize! Bigger issue out here is sun burn (oxidation).

If you want to see what price gauging looks like..... check out in-door storage, with power, and with reasonable access hours in Southern California..... its a Z3 payment!

The convenience of having it plugged in at the house batteries being charged, drop the cooler and gear in the night before, and leave early in the morning without hassling with storage is a big plus.

We briefly kept our previous boat at storage and it was a pain vs at the house. Same with our RV (even bigger pain in storage).

Now if I had a lake with covered lift? I would be in HEAVEN.
                            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                              If you want to see what price gauging looks like..... check out in-door storage, with power, and with reasonable access hours in Southern California..... its a Z3 payment!
                              Going rate here is ~$2.25/foot/month. So, $54/month for indoor storage for a 24 footer.

Now if I had a lake with covered lift? I would be in HEAVEN.
                              I have two of those three (live on a lake, boat on a lift). I've been researching adding a cover, but am very busy with another project at the moment. Maybe next year.
                              Last edited by IDBoating; 10-15-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X