X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad05 View Post
    X2
    X3
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
      What was your favortie wave!??
      They really were all so good but in different ways. Me personally was the Supra. I would be happy with any of the boats though. The surprise for me was the Centurion. Being goofy I have never found a Centution that worked for me. The FS33 was stock ram fill and plug and play sacs. I really liked all the boats for one reason or another. All good waves except for day one on the Z3.

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
        What was your favortie wave!??
        Supra SC. Heard this from many people at the event. All the other boats were good in there own respect. Here is my quick evaluation

Supra SC - winner of the trip. Clean forgiving and fun.
        Axis T22 -HUGE. Lacked shape, but was absolutely massive, literally shoulder high at one point when the driver slowed down and the rider was down by the platform.
        Centurion FS33 - Legs were jelly, water was blown out, rollers everywhere so I didn't get a good take on it.
        Tige Z3 with AVX - Can't say. Rode it first day and it was not set up with enough weight.
        Wake9 Z3 - I don't think this needs explanation everyone know this wave. If I had to ride listed, this would be the boat I would pic.
        G21 - Had more push than the SC, but wasn't as clean on the lip.

The Axis T22 wave was HUGE!

Comment

Great feedback turbo! I heard the Axis T22 wave was HUGE....can you confirm? Really interested in people's take on the AVX the second day with the added weight.....

Comment

T22 wave being huge is an understatement!

Comment

Not sure I could justify using 100 gallons of fuel in one day for a "HUGE" wake. Wonder how much fuel the other boats used....anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by turbonine View Post
                T22 wave being huge is an understatement!
                Also had a waterbed on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by Bad05 View Post
                  Great feedback turbo! I heard the Axis T22 wave was HUGE....can you confirm? Really interested in people's take on the AVX the second day with the added weight.....
                  Everyone I talked to were all smiles about the Z3. After the event we dialed the goofy side then switched to regular. My group of friends are very honest and 4 out of 5 said it was best wave of the weekend. On the regular side we had taps at 2 and ran the whole range 1 to 10 on the AVX, never washed out just changed shape. I had the remote and went through the whole range 6 times.

I am the only one that didn't say best wave of the weekend. It would have been a very close second however. The Supra just had such a great shape and push for my style. I have a strange relationship with the Z3. I have driven the wake 9 boat for many clinics and competitions. I have surfed it at mid flap stage and loved it but never felt it once the VX was added until last May. On Sunday the Z3 with AVX was as good as the Wake9 z3. Also the Z3 is temperamental to small weight changes.

The T22 was a wall of water with the best transition. I could not live with it everyday with the amount of extra weight in it.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
                    The T22 was a wall of water with the best transition. I could not live with it everyday with the amount of extra weight in it.
                    I would never run it like that personally myself either, but to jump on it for two hours was a fun.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
                      Everyone I talked to were all smiles about the Z3. After the event we dialed the goofy side then switched to regular. My group of friends are very honest and 4 out of 5 said it was best wave of the weekend. On the regular side we had taps at 2 and ran the whole range 1 to 10 on the AVX, never washed out just changed shape. I had the remote and went through the whole range 6 times.

I am the only one that didn't say best wave of the weekend. It would have been a very close second however. The Supra just had such a great shape and push for my style. I have a strange relationship with the Z3. I have driven the wake 9 boat for many clinics and competitions. I have surfed it at mid flap stage and loved it but never felt it once the VX was added until last May. On Sunday the Z3 with AVX was as good as the Wake9 z3. Also the Z3 is temperamental to small weight changes.

Can you get rid of the strong curl (grabs feet/board) on the goofy side with the AVX vs Convex Vx? Seems like if you could tame the curl at the back it would really lengthen out the wave.
                      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

All great stuff about the different components and 'systems', good to hear PB went well and was a success.

Back to the original thread, my two cents, the proposed 'definition' of surf system is too narrow. It is a system, and therefore it is a set of independent of interacting components that form a whole or assemblage. The 'surf' part is largely marketing, and not really necessary.

So, a system could be made up of components such as bolt on plates, tracking systems, hull design, weight capacity and placement, etc., etc. The essence of a system is multiple components forming a whole. Side plates are a singular component.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
                          All great stuff about the different components and 'systems', good to hear PB went well and was a success.

Back to the original thread, my two cents, the proposed 'definition' of surf system is too narrow. It is a system, and therefore it is a set of independent of interacting components that form a whole or assemblage. The 'surf' part is largely marketing, and not really necessary.

So, a system could be made up of components such as bolt on plates, tracking systems, hull design, weight capacity and placement, etc., etc. The essence of a system is multiple components forming a whole. Side plates are a singular component.

Nick
                          So by your definition, the NSS should be called the "Nautique Surf Singular?" HA! I agree that a true system should be multiple components to create a "whole" that allows for adjustment of the desired, in this case, wake/wave.

Comment

My two cents would be that everybody's idea of a system can be different. I think do to marketing surf system makes many people think of an evenly weighted boat with something sticking in the water to help make the wave. But on another view I have an old boat with a mud flap bags and pumps that make my system. Guess it just depends on how you look at it. And stingreye in my experience when we went faster on the avx z3 that suck you out of the wave curl diminished some.

Comment

Of course not, and I know you are kidding. For nautique specifically, the NSS is or the system is the actuator and the 'waveplate' working together, each is a separate component, theoretically. To be fair, they probably should have defined their 'system' to include the software and control panel as well, because without it the 'system' is just stuff bolted to the rear of a boat.

Comment

One could argue the boat is the surf system. That water wasn't doing anything until that 7000lb monster cut the lake in half and made a wave!

I do agree that the definition of system is interacting parts working in unison to accomplish something. Adding gizmos to a boat would create a system of systems. But hey, I was only a Systems Engineer for 14 years

Comment

Working...
                                X