No announcement yet.

Another Tige Touch question/issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I found out I don't have a warranty. Dealer called the factory about replacing the TT and they said warranty doesn't cover as I am not original owner. I read that it covers and can transfer to 2nd owner. I'm the third so not covered. Guess I need to save my pennies to the tune of about 1400 bucks to replace the TT. I hope the next one will last more than three years for the cost of them.

Comment

That is something Tige definitely needs to change. You can transfer the PCM warranty. Says a lot that the engine manufacturer will stand behind its product but the boat maker won't. PCM just took care of the starter on my boat and could not have been better to work with.

Comment

At that point ,pay the dealer a few bucks and get them to make sure it's that , and then Maybe call tige and see if you can get some goodwill !!.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've emailed Tige to see if there is anything else I can check or if I can send in after boating season to verify it is the display.

Comment

Or you could call them too, talk to Harvey , Hes a really nice guy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Z1 fan. He gave me number to call Medallion. It's their warranty and their display. Harvey has been very good to deal with.

Comment

Latest update, I sent my Viper box and the display to Medallion to bench check. They said my Viper box failed so I ordered a new one. I also sent my touch display and they said emi issue and rerouted wires inside. No change. I still have the same issue. On the Touch display I am able to select the gauges, Video 1, heater, and DVD and they all work. I cannot select switches, ballast, lights, Tige you, or depth. Or any music buttons. I have been asking for schematics from Medallion but no luck.

Looking for any ideas on what else I could check before taking in to dealer. I'm calling Performance Marine at LOTO on Monday about taking boat in.

Comment

And dumb question time. The viper box has 4 connections. J1 through J4. I've can only find the connectors on boat for J1, J2 and J4. Am I missing something. I took the viper box out last fall and can only find three connections to connect to Viper box. Think I'm going nuts. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

At some point did they work?

Comment

Yep, it worked when i bought it and most of summer. Late August seemed to get worse. I just can't for the life of me remember if the viper box uses all 4 connections and I'm just not seeing the connector on the boat harness side.

Comment

Just a note about Tigé Touch updates:

I asked my dealer for the latest update. He called me to tell me that there is an issue with the thumb drives. For some reason, some thumb drives work and others don't. Tigé doesn't seem to know why. In my mind it must be file system related but I'm not sure.

If anyone knows the facts behind this mystery I'd love to hear them. Tigé can't explain it. My dealer tried ten thumb drives to find one that worked.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Finally solved, it was the Touch Display. I now have new Viper Metraplex box, fuse box and Touch display. About time to get out on the water

Comment

Does anyone notice the difference between the 10.2A vs 10.4A version? And does anyone have the 10.4A firmware for download?

Comment

Working...
                            X