Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So pumped! Just got my 2009 Z1! Boat Lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thomas2010 View Post
    I purchased a 5,000 pound lift; plenty of lifting capability for a Z1.
    What kind? Why did you chose that one and how much did it cost?

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Nice ride! Welcome to TO

Comment

sweet looking ride!!!

Comment

What is your dock like? Does the lake level fluctuate much? Does you dock move with the water level? do you have to take it out each year due to ice?

There seem to be two general types of boat lifts.
          1) floating docks people use pneumatic lifts...ie Hydrohoist, polylift, econolift. (I don't think these will do too good if the lake ices over)

2) For fixed docks people use mechanical lifts...ie golden boat lifts.

Depending on what your dock is like will depend on your lift.

We are tidal influenced here so all the docks are floating, so everyone uses pneumatic lifts and with pneumatic lifts you can get lifts specifically for your dock style (whether it is one side, or a u dock, or a T dock. Hydrohoist is huge here, but there are also others that are just a good. If I were to get another lift I would purchase a front mount style lift, its easier to raise and lower than my side tie hydro-hoist.

I've seen used pneumatic lifts for $800-$2500 depending on size and condition. If you find a used one you can usually call Hydrohoist, and for a fee they will pick up the used one, recondition it, and reinstall in on your dock.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
            What is your dock like? Does the lake level fluctuate much? Does you dock move with the water level? do you have to take it out each year due to ice?

There seem to be two general types of boat lifts.
            1) floating docks people use pneumatic lifts...ie Hydrohoist, polylift, econolift. (I don't think these will do too good if the lake ices over)

2) For fixed docks people use mechanical lifts...ie golden boat lifts.

Depending on what your dock is like will depend on your lift.

We are tidal influenced here so all the docks are floating, so everyone uses pneumatic lifts and with pneumatic lifts you can get lifts specifically for your dock style (whether it is one side, or a u dock, or a T dock. Hydrohoist is huge here, but there are also others that are just a good. If I were to get another lift I would purchase a front mount style lift, its easier to raise and lower than my side tie hydro-hoist.

I've seen used pneumatic lifts for $800-$2500 depending on size and condition. If you find a used one you can usually call Hydrohoist, and for a fee they will pick up the used one, recondition it, and reinstall in on your dock.
            Thanks for all the replies guys.

First to answer some questions
            1) Dock is pretty long bc lake is pretty shallow by the shore. Otherwise, its pretty standard one-side dock.
            2) It does fluctuate and I do have to take the dock out every year.

Havent seen a hydrohoist lift here in Minny. Will check around.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

Having a family cottage in northern WI I know what you go through every year.

Our lake's depth can go from full to 6 feet down in a summer. It is a reservoir for the Wisconsin River. If there is no rain the lake drops to keep flow rates through the hydros/damns.

The Hewitt comes with a wheel option to make it easy to push in and out. I did not get the wheels. I connected a 12 foot long 2x12 to the feet of the lift. These 2 boards act as skis. Makes it easy to push the lift out in spring and as the water drops throughout the summer. I usually hop in the water and use a 8 foot long 4x4 as my lever to push the lift out. The skis also make it easy to pull the lift up the shore in fall. We use an electric winch to pull the lift up the shore line.
              "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Originally posted by Booms View Post
                Having a family cottage in northern WI I know what you go through every year.

Our lake's depth can go from full to 6 feet down in a summer. It is a reservoir for the Wisconsin River. If there is no rain the lake drops to keep flow rates through the hydros/damns.

The Hewitt comes with a wheel option to make it easy to push in and out. I did not get the wheels. I connected a 12 foot long 2x12 to the feet of the lift. These 2 boards act as skis. Makes it easy to push the lift out in spring and as the water drops throughout the summer. I usually hop in the water and use a 8 foot long 4x4 as my lever to push the lift out. The skis also make it easy to pull the lift up the shore in fall. We use an electric winch to pull the lift up the shore line.
                You been happy w Hewitt? I am looking at their stuff next week at the boat show. Price seems reasonable (i guess!).

Comment

I've recommended them before and I'll recommend them again: AirDock.

Much more flexible, much easier to install and remove (if you're seasonal), much less expensive to buy and maintain. Also, if you change boat sizes you can simply swap out the affected components rather than starting all over again (we did that when we bought our 24Ve to replace a 20 footer). Moves with the water level rather than constantly shifting a traditional boat lift. Impossible for your boat to get "stranded" on the lift by changing water levels. Unaffected by wave action. The list goes on and on.

I have three of them (one for the 24Ve, two for jetskis) and won't buy any other kind of boat lift.

No affiliation other than as an absolutely thrilled customer.

http://www.airdock.com

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                    I've recommended them before and I'll recommend them again: AirDock.

Much more flexible, much easier to install and remove (if you're seasonal), much less expensive to buy and maintain. Also, if you change boat sizes you can simply swap out the affected components rather than starting all over again (we did that when we bought our 24Ve to replace a 20 footer). Moves with the water level rather than constantly shifting a traditional boat lift. Impossible for your boat to get "stranded" on the lift by changing water levels. Unaffected by wave action. The list goes on and on.

I have three of them (one for the 24Ve, two for jetskis) and won't buy any other kind of boat lift.

No affiliation other than as an absolutely thrilled customer.

http://www.airdock.com
                    Thanks! I will check out the site then see if I can find them at the boat show. Seems like a cool idea.

Comment

Looks great, we have an 09 Z1 and love it!
                      Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

Comment

Originally posted by dmbisbest View Post
                        You been happy w Hewitt? I am looking at their stuff next week at the boat show. Price seems reasonable (i guess!).
                        I am very happy with Hewitt. We have three of their lifts in our family. Good example of their customer service. I was having issues with the buttons they use to keep the canopy flaps/door attached. So I sent it back to them and they put new snaps (the ones I picked out) on at for no charge. I would buy another lift from Hewitt.

I did a lot of research before I purchased the Hewitt. I would recommend them to anyone.
                        "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Very nice looking boat and love the lift style.

Welcome to the site also.
                          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I'll post a picture later today but we have a 7,000lb (bit overkill but had a Rz2/Rz4 and now Z3) Duralift Hydraulic hoist definitely not one to move in and out but the dock/hoist companies here all have cranes on the barges and we are fortunate to not have to remove ours as ice doesn't shift in our little harbor.

Comment

dude---love the new boat---congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X