No announcement yet.

Out with the new in with the new 2013 Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how do you consider the handling of the Z3 compared to the RZ2 ? I'm planning on the standard 343 engine.

Comment

I'm interested as to why you decided to get rid of your 12 Rz2 for the z3? Just wanted a bigger boat or was there another nagging reason?
      I'm wondering because I'm getting pretty serious about the RZ2 as I want a 22ftr and seems to get really good reviews as a serious surfer and all around good family boat for other water sports fun?

Thanks for any insight!

Comment

First off the Z3 and the RZ2 are almost the same price, but you get the extra foot. Almost a no-brainer for most people.

Comment

Love the RZ2.. Wont see me trading into a Z3.. The RZ2 bow is sick!
          www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
          http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Im with you Wicked!! The Z3 back seat is odd,,,, and well the whole back end looks odd to me. Plus it prob will not fit in the garage!

I was wondering if the custom RZ2 sac's where still for sale?

Comment

I think looks are all subjective. I personally like the picklefork over traditional design and think Tige has pretty much nailed it and set the standard. Hence why I'm shopping and member of this forum.
              I like the extra room in the bow for passengers. If for looks alone Z3 or RZ2 then so be it.
              I was just inquiring about performance or practical use in everyday water sports if one would be preferred over the other? Was hoping the OP could reply since he's owned and been in both!!
              I will be doing majority surf, some wakeboarding, and would like to slalom every so often. Given the same powerplant, I would assume the smaller boat would be quicker when cruising? My passengers prefer sitting in the bow. It is for these reasons I lean towards the RZ2. Hell, for the extra room and if $$ were no option I'd be looking at an RZ4

Comment

NOBODY likes the RZ4!!

Comment

Originally posted by viking View Post
                  I think looks are all subjective. I personally like the picklefork over traditional design and think Tige has pretty much nailed it and set the standard. Hence why I'm shopping and member of this forum.
                  I like the extra room in the bow for passengers. If for looks alone Z3 or RZ2 then so be it.
                  I was just inquiring about performance or practical use in everyday water sports if one would be preferred over the other? Was hoping the OP could reply since he's owned and been in both!!
                  I will be doing majority surf, some wakeboarding, and would like to slalom every so often. Given the same powerplant, I would assume the smaller boat would be quicker when cruising? My passengers prefer sitting in the bow. It is for these reasons I lean towards the RZ2. Hell, for the extra room and if $$ were no option I'd be looking at an RZ4
                  My only complaint with any of the Rz2's I had was when loading them with just the Pro Ballast and 1-2 people in the front the bow sits LOW so driving it could be hairy at times when stopping but definitely manageable! The 343 impressed me in the Z3 demo I drove but I've always opted for the ZR409 in them and put the same in the Z3. The Z3 in rough water is a great handling boat as its a deeper boat, but the Rz2 is good as well. You can't go wrong with either one! I loved my Rz2's and dig the Z3 as well both are great boats.

Comment

There is just as much room in the bow of the Z3 as the RZ2...Just saying, I sat in both side by side.

Comment

Same room is bs.. I can fit four up front comfy. Your not doing that with the z3
                      www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                      http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Everybody can fit in the bow of an RZ4.

Bigger is better.

But I'd go for the Z3 if it was up to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X