Congrats and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by bmoorewiz View Post
      Who is Scott?
      I think Scott is the guy at Samson.

Comment

Yes Scott Parnell from Samson.

Comment

Welcome bmoorewiz. Good to meet you at the boat show. When is the inaugural day on the water?
          GO BIG!!

Comment

bmoore, I was in your boat on Saturday...I took my shoes off Very Nice, Congrats!

Comment

hycosurf: Tuesday I believe, im stoked, cant wait!

thtrog: haha Thanks, I was a little worried about some people who didnt, but figured they would take care of any scuffs. I did see one lady get in with high heels on, I had to walk away!

Comment

Old post but I just got a rack for my Z3

Frankly, there was a lot of foil movement. So I stabilized it with a few feet of rope I had. Much better. I was a little disappointed but I think stabilizing a heavy foil off of 1 bolt is a tall order.

IMG_2821.jpg

Comment

Bakes, is that a Samson? Is the upper part just plug-n-play (bolts into the same hole as the OEM rack)? Also, what's holding the seat at the bottom and does it have to be bolted on as well?

Thanks.

Comment

It is the Samson. Very well made. The strut arm holds everything in place. The oval is a little longer than the wake/surf versions. I will bet you could ask Samson to buy just the oval, fingers and strut arm and save a few hundred.

If you get the entire assembly...it does just bolt straight into the OEM spot

I don't hold the wiggle against Samson....just too much leverage. It is very stable with the rope stabilizer and would trust it on any choppy lake.

Comment

Thanks.

Did you have to drill for the piece that appears to be holding the seat?

Comment

No drilling. Seat is not attached anywhere. Only board and strut arm.

Comment

OK. Thanks again.

I can see what you're saying regarding the stability. I think the foil racks I've seen on tube towers have two connections, including a connection between the top of the strut and the tower. Obviously harder to do with an Alpha Z.

Happy riding!

Comment

Working...
                          X