• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought new Tige Z3, Need Hydrofoil Rack

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bw2...WZwOVZNWnBjXzQ
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bw2...FpwQno2cXQ4T2s
    Guys,

I just bought a new Tige Z3. We are super excited. It was between the Tige, MB Sports, and another Moomba. Once I got in the Tige their was no way I was not going to buy it, super boat.

However, I have the Alpha Z tower and I need a hydrofoil rack, hopefully someone has done this before and can point me in the right direction?

If not, I guess I will have to find someone to create me one!

Thanks,

-A proud new Tige owner!
    Last edited by bmoorewiz; 08-18-2012, 05:58 PM. Reason: Added pictures!

Welcome to the site, shortly you will have a great group of individuals welcome you to the site. I will warn you pictures of your new boat are a requirement.

As for the rack you could try the following e-mail his stuff is awesome.

DRGergler@aol.com

I see you are on the foil form as well, this is where I got Don's info from. If you search him you can find pictures of his racks.

Try this link:

http://www.foilforum.com/forums/show...ydrofoil-Racks
    Last edited by giers; 08-18-2012, 02:52 PM. Reason: added more detail

Comment

Which racks came with your tower. My Alpha Z came with Samson swivel racks. I talked to Scott and they make a foil rack that can just be bolted to that swivel. The way I understood it is that you would just unbolt the forks that the boards go in and bolt on the foil rack. If you don't have the Samson racks I am sure you could buy any foil rack and get any machine shop to make an adapter plate that would go between. Have them make a plate with holes that match your current rack holes so you can mount the plate. Then holes in the plate that you can bolt your foil rack to. I am not sure which way I am going to go yet. I have access to a machine shop that wouldn't cost me anything to make a plate but the Samson one would probably be a nicer fit and look better. Post some pics up if you get something done.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. We need pics. If Samson makes one for it, I would go that route.

Let us know what you get. If you're still having trouble, I could always ask my uncle what foil rack he has on his Malibu Illusion.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I love my Samson foil rack, probably the best one out there

Comment

Congrats on the purchase - give us some pics!

Comment

Give the folks at WWS in Denver a call. They had a foil rack put on an alpha z for a customer with an rz4 recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizza View Post
                Give the folks at WWS in Denver a call. They had a foil rack put on an alpha z for a customer with an rz4 recently.
                x2 http://waterskispecialty.com/Tige/WWSHome.html
                One of the top hydrofoilers around has a Tige and he has racks.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, thats the same rack my buddy bought.

Also I added pictures.

I will be keeping the two Rev 8's in the picture as well as adding two Rev 10's.

I will also be adding the hot water shower and the tower camera. The camera seems expensive but I think its worth it unless anyone disagrees?

Comment

Originally posted by bmoorewiz View Post
                    Thanks for the responses guys, thats the same rack my buddy bought.

Also I added pictures.

I will be keeping the two Rev 8's in the picture as well as adding two Rev 10's.

I will also be adding the hot water shower and the tower camera. The camera seems expensive but I think its worth it unless anyone disagrees?
                    I think a Go Pro is a way better value

Comment

Love that color combo!!! Nice boat! Congrats!

Comment

Rack Mounting?

How does the foil rack from Don mount on the Z tower?

Comment

That is an absolutely gorgeous Z3! If you add Rev 10s make sure you upgrade the amps. For some reason Tige powers 4 speakers off a syn 2 and this just isn't enough power for the speakers. The rev 8s and 10s will sound best with a syn 4 going to each.

Comment

Sweet Boat!!! I hope to be a proud owner of a new or slightly used Tige RZ2 one day!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lorney View Post
                              Which racks came with your tower. My Alpha Z came with Samson swivel racks. I talked to Scott and they make a foil rack that can just be bolted to that swivel. The way I understood it is that you would just unbolt the forks that the boards go in and bolt on the foil rack. If you don't have the Samson racks I am sure you could buy any foil rack and get any machine shop to make an adapter plate that would go between. Have them make a plate with holes that match your current rack holes so you can mount the plate. Then holes in the plate that you can bolt your foil rack to. I am not sure which way I am going to go yet. I have access to a machine shop that wouldn't cost me anything to make a plate but the Samson one would probably be a nicer fit and look better. Post some pics up if you get something done.

Who is Scott?

Comment

Working...
                              X