No announcement yet.

Winterizing my boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WRT the fuel tank question: The main reason for keeping it full is to minimize condensation during storage. The smaller the air volume in the tank, the less moisture content and the smaller interior tank surfaces for that moisture to condense out.

Always fill (100% of the fuel in the tank) with non-ethanol fuel for storage. Ethanol exacerbates the water problem. True even if you have a plastic tank - your fuel system is not improved by having water in it.

Add stabilizer to the tank BEFORE you pull the boat from the water the last time. This allows the treated fuel to work through the entire fuel system. You want to stabilize the fuel in the pumps, lines, injectors, etc. as much or more than the stuff in the tank.

Your other option is to completely drain all fuel from everywhere. That's hard to do, so just treat, top off, drive a bit, and pull it.

Comment

It just occurred to me after I did my winterization but my '05 MP 340 engine has a water cooled low and high pressure fuel pump. Do I need to manually drain the water from the fuel pump cooler lines somehow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If there is any chance of freezing temperatures, yes.

And I would go further and say if you're draining the water from your block, etc. you should drain those lines too just to be thorough about it. Otherwise, why are you bothering to drain any water at all?

Comment

Originally posted by rob_and_trish View Post
          Easy fix to this - Teach the wife how to drive.
          Im married and have 3 kids - the wife is pretty much the best driver ive seen. She can park that puppy on a dime and knows how to pull skiiers w/ the best of them.
          I ride just as much as my kids (if not more!!)

Just my .02
          Same her for second driver!!

For drainage, You have 2 drain plugs on each side of engin. If you have thé 350 mag. They should be blue "wing nuts"

Envoyé de mon SM-G900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
          if your not wet and smelling gas, you are not having fun!

Comment

Working...
          X