Delo 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
    Weird...mine uses ATF and they are both '07's.
    From the factory Tige / Marine Power switched to 30 wt.

Here is the email that I got from Harvey:

Yes Marine Power changed it to 30 weight motor oil.

DEALER: Waterski Specialty
    REPRESENTATIVE: Tony Fussell

CUSTOMER INTERESTS
    -----------------------------
    CURRENTLY OWN A BOAT:
    CURRENT BOAT OWNED:
    Boat Interest: 22 Ve
    HEARD ABOUT TIGE FROM: Internet/EmailSEND BROCHURE & DVD: No

COMMENTS
    -----------------------------
    I bought my boat used and I am preparing it to take out. I was getting ready to do fluid changes. I have the ZF tranny and v drive. It says ATF only but it looks like there is a 30 weight oil in there instead. I have heard that at the factory the were putting 30 weight in instead of ATF to quite them down. Can this be confirmed? Should I drain it and put in ATF or go with what is in it? If not the ATF what should I be using?
    Thanks,
    Cody

Comment

Interesting! Well...mine has and had ATF (unless they had red 30 wt at the factory). Doesn't seem to be too noisy so I will just leave it. Thanks for posting that info!

Comment

My 08 came with ATF also, and I have kept it the same. Sounds like there is not a wrong answer here. Between 30 wt and ATF anyway
        "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Seems like every person I talk to has a different opinion on what oil....including MP. MP says there recommendation has changed so much lately. Anyway looks like ill take the expertise from this forum and go with the majority opinion which is rotella 15-40. I did find chevron 40, pennzoil 40, and castrol HD 40 with what was once the proper MP recommendations. Just curious if anybody use Lucas oils?

Comment

What is MP saying now? It seems that some one on here used Lucas. There are some that also go with Amsoil.

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
              What is MP saying now? It seems that some one on here used Lucas. There are some that also go with Amsoil.

MP says 20W-50. I asked if that was the recommendation in the new owners manual and he stated they don't have a new manual yet but hopes that is the recommendation. WTH.....not happy with that answer I called another distributor and they said 10-30......I'm going with experience from this forum....ROTELLA 15-40

Comment

Working...
              X