No announcement yet.

Bilge pump replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great post. My automatic bilge was not working, but the manual switch was working. Then, while testing, it stopped working too. I was able to find my "breaker" for the switch and reset it. Then, with some reading, I found a 3amp fuse by the battery I was able to find my B+ wire and found the battery. This is a new boat for me and I didn't know it had two batteries. I was considering adding one. So, that was good news too. Amazingly, the fuse was on the other side of the boat. It was not close to the pump where I thought it would be. I traced the harness to a bundle of wires headed to the other side of the boat. There was the fuse and the other battery. I know I'm not the only one that has these aha moments. That is why I am summarizing my experience as well. So, I'm a little slow. Everything is working now! Now I just need to decide if I add another pump in there. I think I'll put them on separate fuses for the B+ power so at least one will work if something happens to the other! Whatever. At least I have a Tige and it's all working thanks to this forum!

Comment

Working...
    X