Tige Wins! Well, sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
    ^^^Beautiful. There's few things more beautiful than classic wooden boat. What are specs on that bad boy?

1954 Chris Craft Riviera 18' foot model. #9 hundred and something (cant remember specific #) of 1,210 built (there were only 288 made in the 20' model). It has the original Hercules motor in it, but I am not sure which one. A quick internet search shows that model as having a 120 HP Chris-Craft Hercules KLC straight 6. However, I could have sworn my Dads had a straight 8. I may be mistaken though. She was named after my niece when she was a baby - "Ms. Puddlebutt". My brother called it "a Harley on water", and I have always liked that expression. The downside - they are a LOT of work, every season. That picture was taken when I was helping him launch it one season a few years ago. You have to dip it, bring it out, dip it, bring it out... over and over again until the boards swell enough to stop taking on water. That year it took about 3 hours before we could leave it in the water. I sure do enjoy riding it in though. Driving it is a little nerve wracking - comparable I guess to driving your Dads car for the first time.

WOW! That's one clean Cobalt. What a beauty - the teak deck even looks well taken care of. That's the only thing I miss about our 22i. I'm one of those crazy people who enjoyed maintaining the teak swim deck.

Comment

Love that name. Beautiful machine.

My bother recently hiked the peak over Sand Harbor. It gave me a pic from the top. You can see Dollar Point on the other side of the lake.
      Attached Files
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

That's AWESOME! Are there protected coves to wakesurf or waterski in, or is it all wide pretty open like that?

Comment

There are NO coves whatsoever. Emerald Bay would be the only spot but you're not allowed to ride in there. The only way to get good water is to either be the first one on the lake or the the last one off. By 9am it's over until 8pm. Any good water in between is just lucky. Skiing or boarding is more about survival than it is getting a good run. Tahoe is not where you go to ride, it's where you go to cruise.
          Attached Files
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
          X