Tige Wins! Well, sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Wins! Well, sort of.

Last weekend was the annual Trans Tahoe Relay, an 11.5 mile swim across Tahoe. My buddy was asked if he would drive his Tige for the team's pilot boat. He is always down for whatever so he agreed to guide them across. The team of six swimmers swam on 1/2 hour shifts across the lake and they couldn't have asked a better skipper. He knows that lake better than anyone. Through superior knowledge of the lake, he guided the team across with surgical precision. The other teams clearly suffered from inferior navigation. What they should have done is followed that Tige. They all fell behind as they drifted slightly off coarse. For 3 1/2 hours he kept them on a dead nuts straight path for Dollar Point all the way from the South Shore. In the end, they followed that Tige all the way home to victory.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Way to go!!!!

Comment

that's awesome.
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Nice!!
        15 Escalade ESV-Black
        08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

That's a gutsy swim in Tahoe. I was going to say ballsy, but I'm not where those would be after a 1/2-hour in that cold water. I assume they're wearing wetsuits? Nice work on your buddy's part.

Comment

Water temps were between 63 and 65, nice and warm for Tahoe. I've been in at 53 and right back out.

Comment

Thread from the dead! The original post was a bit inaccurate. They won their division that year I think. I drove it in '14 and we chopped a 1/2hr. off their best time and finished 3rd. I'm back as skipper this year in the Ve. Should be fun.

I found a vid of '14 and wouldn't you know it, we are in it no less than 3 times! The opening shot has us dead center. '06 22Ve. White on top and black and dark blue under the rub rail. E tower and dark blue bimini. 3rd shot has us just to the right of the drones home boat.

Comment

Well, we finished 11th out of 19 teams in our division with a time a time of 4:42:40. Not bad for 11 miles in 55 degree water. Some teams were out there for nearly 7hrs. We had beautiful weather for most of trip and we got in just as the lake turned seriously angry. 3-4ft whitecaps with 20 or so boats within a stones throw, all with a swimmer in the water gets a bit harry. Then trying to dock in order to drop everyone off in that crap as a bunch of other boats are trying to do the same thing was exciting to say the least. It was actually a relief to head back out into angry open-water at 10mph in a straight line. Thank god for bow covers. Anyways, a couple pics.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nickypoo - is that last picture a Chris-Craft? Looks like one of the newer ones, but havent seen one in that color.

Comment

^^^No. That is actually much more exotic. That's a Riva Aquariva.

Comment

Beautiful boat!

Comment

It really is. ChrisCrafts are for poor people.

Comment

IMG_0168.JPG Dad's boat... not quite a Riva Aquariva, but still a fun ride.

Comment

^^^Beautiful. There's few things more beautiful than classic wooden boat. What are specs on that bad boy?

Comment

Speaking of rare birds...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X