Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is your fire extinguisher mounted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behind the driver seat. Got pulled over two weekends ago by sheriff....they were going to give me a citation cause extinguisher was on red line. Revenue generation is high priority here in FL. Got off the hook only bacuase one of our guest was a navy capt home on leave.

Comment

For those of you guys that are mounting under the helm, are you mounting to the inside of the aisle-way fiberglass wall or to the carpeted wood containing the sub/speaker? I'm thinking I'd like to mount to the fiberglass, so that it's somewhat recessed behind the trim piece but noy yet sure how I'd go about it without poking screws thru that thin fiberglass? I was thinking I could glue/epoxy a small strip of wood to the carpet/fiberglass and then screw the mount into that? How's everyone else going about it? Thanks!

Comment

Reading from the beginning, one stated that the fire extinguisher needs to be within reach. Is that right, or does it vary by state? I was inspected early this year by our water police. They wanted to know the expiration date on our extinguisher. I keep it mounted to the amp wall in the observer locker. They watched me pull it out from there and said nothing about the storage location.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
          Reading from the beginning, one stated that the fire extinguisher needs to be within reach. Is that right, or does it vary by state? I was inspected early this year by our water police. They wanted to know the expiration date on our extinguisher. I keep it mounted to the amp wall in the observer locker. They watched me pull it out from there and said nothing about the storage location.
          I imagine it varies by state and potentially more importantly, by ranger. I've had some rangers really focus on the "within reach" aspect and others never said a word after I passed inspection. Is yours mounted to the MDF/Wood Amp panel vs. the fiberglass? Cheers!

Comment

Minnesota’s states it just needs to be readily accessible. Unlike the throwing ring being immediately accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use Velcro versus mount. You could put one piece on the fiberglass and the other on the fire extinguisher. You need to get some strong Velcro to hold the weight. You can also mount the extinguisher on the carpet. The Velcro holds on that as well.

Comment

under the helm

Comment

Working...
                X