Tige Alpha Z Tower removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Alpha Z Tower removal

Can anybody help with me how this is done? I have a small crack in mine I'd like to get fixed. Also, guessing to cut the bolt holding the tower shorter so it doesn't happen again? Looks like it hits the other side unnecessarily which would cause some wild forces where it cracked.

Thanks,
    Nick

It's been a few years since I've done it....so I'm probably messing up some instructions.

You're going to have to remove the gunnel interior pieces so you can access the spring assemblies used for lower the tower. Once you get those out you need some long bolts that you thread in so you can "cage" the spring assemblies. Once the assemblies are caged you can remove the cables from the arch and then remove the spring assemblies from the gunellls and lift the tower off.

Can you post a picture of the crack and the bolt that you said needs to be shortened?? Lots of people didnt realize the hinge pin bolts were a left hand thread on one side of the tower and right hand thread on the other so the would overtighten it and it would cause the base to crack

Comment

Send me a message and I will email you the removal instructions to make it a lot easier
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Were you able to figure out the removal of the alpha z tower?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby.Light View Post
          Were you able to figure out the removal of the alpha z tower?
          Some of those guys aren’t around here much anymore, but I have the instructions from Tige, in an email PDF, if you send me your email, I’ll send them to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
          X