No announcement yet.

Fault code help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zackdogg As a 2014 Raptor owner (the truck) MSD are not recommend. They don't last. Most guy that switch to them get 10,000 miles out of them. Not saying that it will happen in Your case but if you get the code back, it is good info to have. I wouldn't want you to think "I just did the coil packs it can't be them" they are known not to last. There is a lot of good info on FRF (Ford Raptor Forum) 2010-14 are 6.2L Good luck
    IMG_2596.jpeg
    Raptor work day.LOL
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    Last edited by gumby; 05-30-2023, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
      Zackdogg As a 2014 Raptor owner (the truck) MSD are not recommend. They don't last. Most guy that switch to them get 10,000 miles out of them. Not saying that it will happen in Your case but if you get the code back, it is good info to have. I wouldn't want you to think "I just did the coil packs it can't be them" they are known not to last. There is a lot of good info on FRF (Ford Raptor Forum) 2010-14 are 6.2L Good luck
      IMG_2596.jpeg
      Raptor work day.LOL
      IMG_2614.jpeg
      Aren’t you the bearer of great news!! Just kidding, I appreciate the info!! Just knowing I can get raptor 6.2 parts, I’d a big help. I’ve always had good luck with MSD on different applications, but I guess time will tell on this one. I kept the factory ones, so worst case, I can save a weekend with them if needed. I’ll check that forum out. What are people running, instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Most go with Oem or the NGK. I also was saddened by this news!!!!! I been going NGK as they fail 5 more to go. Much more difficult with a Supercharger. and also MSD has always been a great performer for me also. The last 3 are under the elbow of the SC. going to be soon I heard one arcing when we got off the lake yesterday. So ya for me.

Comment

Most go with Oem or the NGK. I also was saddened by this news!!!!! I been going NGK as they fail 5 more to go. Much more difficult with a Supercharger. and also MSD has always been a great performer for me also. The last 3 are under the elbow of the SC. going to be soon I heard one arcing when we got off the lake yesterday. So ya for me.
          That’s pretty wild, I saw performance write-up for the trucks, that recommended the MSD, but that didn’t have anything about longevity. The coils on my boat started failing at 350 hours, so I wasn’t gonna go with stock again, I guess unless the MSD fail at 200 hours, or something. I guess NGKs will be the next go around.

If you want that supercharger out of the way, I’ll come grab it off yours, for you!

Comment

Zackdogg I love the factory Roush supercharger.it puts the Rocket in ship. Just because others failed early doesn't mean yours will. there are some out there with a 100k on them. Mine had 20K on them then the first one went.close to 60K on the remaining ones.
            The 35"X12" are no match for the Roush 40 and under will always break loose. I don't talk about MPG!!! ONLY Smiles Per Gallon. it gets about 100 of them.
            Last edited by gumby; 05-30-2023, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Zackdogg I love the factory Roush supercharger.it puts the Rocket in ship. Just because others failed early doesn't mean yours will. there are some out there with a 100k on them. Mine had 20K on them then the first one went.close to 60K on the remaining ones.
              The 35"X12" are no match for the Roush 40 and under will always break loose. I don't talk about MPG!!! ONLY Smiles Per Gallon. it gets about 100 of them.
              I have to guess 60k miles at something like 750 hours on a boat, which would be close to double what I got out of factory, if I get 300 hours out of them, my little feelers won’t be hurt, so we’ll see. I have to assume that heat is one of the breakdown factors, which a boat shouldn’t see near the heat of a truck that lives anywhere with a real summer, so I’ll stay positive about them, until they start to fail. I’ll keep everyone posted on my experience, good or bad.

I have a couple of buddies that have older Raptors, and they’re definitely bad!! We hunt out of a couple of them in the fall, and they’re great for ripping around the Nevada mountains!! I was looking at trying to figure out a Roush charger for my boat, at one point, but I think changing the drive, is a better solution for me, between the cost to do it, and having to mess with fuel maps, and all that.

Comment

I doubt the tune would be much of a problem JDM should be able to do that in there sleep. I would think. and now you changed them keep your old Good ones as spares. I waited till one went bad And bought a set of new NGK did all the easy ones. now all I got left is the hard ones now. looks like I will need them now or yesterday..

Comment

Working...
                X