Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSA installation complete (+ transom LEDs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

Did you drill a hole in your ballast hose when installing new plates? I believe freeheel4life admitted he’s done it last year doing bracket updated on Taps3.. sorry free for bringing up bad memories!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yikes! Pretty sure I didn’t!!! But I’ll check.

Comment

Did you drill a hole in your ballast hose when installing new plates? I believe freeheel4life admitted he’s done it last year doing bracket updated on Taps3.. sorry free for bringing up bad memories!! Lol.

Lol. Pobodys nerfect. I did it on more than one when the swivel update was out (18). Only had it happen on r/z series boats where the drain line ran low behind the batteries on the port side. Was same hole both time. One of those "learn after the fact" type deals. I will gladly own my mistakes. Its tge only way we learn. The real trick is to NOT repeat them. That's insanity

Comment

I re-examined a few things tonight. I removed the plug n play ballast and floor and slid the boat off the lift back into the water. There is a small trickle through the starboard side transom light hole. But that doesn’t explain the port side ballast losing water. I partially filled the subfloor ballast with the ply n play and floor removed. I didn’t see anything leaking in the subfloor ballast. I’ll put the plug n play back in tomorrow and reassess for leaks.

I thought about just putting some 4200 in the transom light hole from inside the boat, but I figure I probably should pull the boat out of the water (on my lift now, it won’t sink haha) and remount/reseal the light.

I didn’t drill through a ballast hose, so that’s good!

Comment

Got back out on the lake for some more surfing today. Here are some pics of the wake with TAPS 2-3, SURF 4-5 and all ballast full except for 80% in the rear right locker (neighbor surfing). The wake cleaned up really nicely and had tons of push all the way back. But when my left rear ballast starting getting low again the wake suffers. Still not sure from where it’s losing water. The locker is dry, so must be in the subfloor.

Comment

I'm fighting the same issue with my rear port PnP bag draining while fully sacked out. After narrowing down all the other possibilities. Came to the conclusion it was draining out the fill valve. Went to pull the hose to measure for a check valve and noticed the fitting through the hull was loose. That could have been it and won't know until next week when I get the boat back on the water. Otherwise I'm just ordering the check valve and putting inline on the fill line.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMan210 View Post
              I'm fighting the same issue with my rear port PnP bag draining while fully sacked out. After narrowing down all the other possibilities. Came to the conclusion it was draining out the fill valve. Went to pull the hose to measure for a check valve and noticed the fitting through the hull was loose. That could have been it and won't know until next week when I get the boat back on the water. Otherwise I'm just ordering the check valve and putting inline on the fill line.
              What size ID was the hose? 1 1/8”?

Comment

What size ID was the hose? 1 1/8”?

You're correct. It was 1 1/8 ID. I was just going to order the valve from wakemakers. It's like 15 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

Lol. Pobodys nerfect. I did it on more than one when the swivel update was out (18). Only had it happen on r/z series boats where the drain line ran low behind the batteries on the port side. Was same hole both time. One of those "learn after the fact" type deals. I will gladly own my mistakes. Its tge only way we learn. The real trick is to NOT repeat them. That's insanity
                  I did the same. Filled ballast and went surfing and the bilge ran almost constantly. Hopped back on the boat and there's a 1/4" perfectly clean hole in my ballast hose spraying a constant pressurized 1/4" stream of water into the rear compartment haha.
                  I always keep a roll of self vulcanizing rubber in the boat for just such an occasion so I taped it up and continued my day. Replaced the hose eventually.

Comment

Working...
                  X