• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    ACME 537
    ACME 1631 4 Blade 13.5" x 14.25" Propeller
    ACME 1433 4 Blade 14" x 14.25" Propeller
    ACME 537 4 Blade 13.5" x 16" Propeller

537 should pick up about 5 mph

I have barely used 537 I would sale for the right price....it came on my R23 and only ran it for 25hrs. Put on a 2773 instead. PM me if you are interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

ACME 1631 4 Blade 13.5" x 14.25" Propeller
      ACME 1433 4 Blade 14" x 14.25" Propeller
      ACME 537 4 Blade 13.5" x 16" Propeller

537 should pick up about 5 mph

I have barely used 537 I would sale for the right price....it came on my R23 and only ran it for 25hrs. Put on a 2773 instead. PM me if you are interested...

What about RPM at wot ? Any impact ?

Comment

If the diameter is the same and you go up in pitch like the 537, then WOT will be same or less....it should not go up....as pitch increases it takes more force to turn the prop.....

The pitch number is the max theoretical distance a prop will travel during 1 revolution of the prop turning. This distance is in inches....

think of it like you shift from 4th gear to 5th gear is a 5 speed transmission car....car will go faster in 5th gear, but at lower rpm.

Comment

Im hoping the RPM will come down quite a bit. 32 MPH @ 5K RPM is high. On the same token, this is why I think staying with the same dia. I think that going up in dia as well as pitch, will bring the RPM down too much and get out of the power band of the 330. I dont know what those numbers are, but being a small short stroke V8, its like fairly high RPM, but lower then 5000.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well, cant edit my own post.

303 engine, not 330.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Im hoping the RPM will come down quite a bit. 32 MPH @ 5K RPM is high. On the same token, this is why I think staying with the same dia. I think that going up in dia as well as pitch, will bring the RPM down too much and get out of the power band of the 330. I dont know what those numbers are, but being a small short stroke V8, its like fairly high RPM, but lower then 5000.
              Good point, my assumption was the motor has plenty of power to push a larger diameter and larger pitch, but chpthrl would know better than me....

Comment

Prop change WOT is not 40mph at 5000RPM. A bit slower for the wake to setup need to shift more weight in the front (passengers). Slalom is not at 3700RPM for 30mph which is way better for the engine. Thanks guys. BTW I installed the ACME 537

Comment

Originally posted by Actarus View Post
                  Prop change WOT is not 40mph at 5000RPM. A bit slower for the wake to setup need to shift more weight in the front (passengers). Slalom is not at 3700RPM for 30mph which is way better for the engine. Thanks guys. BTW I installed the ACME 537
                  Do you mean WOT is 40mph at 5000rpm and 3700rpm at 30mph?

What’s your new surf rpm?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

Do you mean WOT is 40mph at 5000rpm and 3700rpm at 30mph?

What’s your new surf rpm?

Damn auto correct not=now

Surf rpm is now 3200

Comment

Originally posted by Actarus View Post

Damn auto correct not=now

Surf rpm is now 3200

Perfect! Sounds like mike’s recommendation of the 537 was spot on!

Comment

I have a 2018 with the Indmar 360 running a 537. I hit some drift wood with it but now just want to try something else. Which direction should I go?

Comment

Working...
                          X