Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop change

Hi,

I am currently running a ACME 1631 on my 2013 R20 with pcm303.

Top speed seems a bit low and since I like to slalom and the kids like to wakesurf. I would like to gain a few mph on speed with minimal compromise on surf.

Any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What’s your current top speed and rpm? When surfing, what’s your speed and rpm? Does boat get up to speed easily when surfing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
      What’s your current top speed and rpm? When surfing, what’s your speed and rpm? Does boat get up to speed easily when surfing?

[mention]Bamer [/mention] top speed is 34mph at 5000rpm. Seems a bit low

Comment

I'd reach out to nettle props. I believe they have a prop exchange where you can try it 1 trip out and if not happy, exchange for another one as long as it's new condition. they should have a wealth of info on similar boats/engines.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Whats your lake Elevation (altitude is for airplanes) ?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

What rpm are you surfing at and I assume you’re emptying all your Balis win slalom?

Comment

If you increase the pitch by 2” you should pickup about 5mph at 5000rpm

If you increase the pitch by 4” you should pickup about 10mph at 5000rpm, but not sure the motor will handle that large of a pitch very well. —-I wouldn’t go this high.........

If increase pitch by 2” and increase diameter 0.5” top speed should increase by 6-7mph

I would call nettles prop in Austin and see what’s the largest diameter that will fit. I’d guess that 14.5” is probably the max based on my R23 will fit a 15” and assuming the R20 has less space.

Last edited by Bamer; 07-30-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
                I'd reach out to nettle props. I believe they have a prop exchange where you can try it 1 trip out and if not happy, exchange for another one as long as it's new condition. they should have a wealth of info on similar boats/engines.
                ^^^thats what they told me last year when I bought a new prop!!!

Comment

Will test top speed again today with less people in the boat. Dealer recommends 1433 which has similar pitch. Not sure it will make much difference.

Comment

The 1433 is a good surf/wake board prop for lower elevation lakes and boats not super weighted down. I do not think its going to get you the speed you desire.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Actarus View Post
                      Will test top speed again today with less people in the boat. Dealer recommends 1433 which has similar pitch. Not sure it will make much difference.

ACME 1631 4 Blade 13.5" x 14.25" Propeller
                      ACME 1433 4 Blade 14" x 14.25" Propeller

First number is diameter, second number is pitch.

These values above are off acme website. Both props are same pitch. The 1433 being 0.5” larger diameter will likely pick up about 2 mph at best..call nettles and see what they say

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

ACME 1631 4 Blade 13.5" x 14.25" Propeller
                        ACME 1433 4 Blade 14" x 14.25" Propeller

First number is diameter, second number is pitch.

These values above are off acme website. Both props are same pitch. The 1433 being 0.5” larger diameter will likely pick up about 2 mph at best..call nettles and see what they say

Confirmed top speed with 3 people in the boat on glass no wind at 32mph 5000rpm. Sounds a bit low don’t you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Actarus View Post

Confirmed top speed with 3 people in the boat on glass no wind at 32mph 5000rpm. Sounds a bit low don’t you think?

Ill ask again, at what elevation are you boating? Elevation robs horsepower, limiting speed.

Comment

1000 feet elevation

Comment

ACME 537

Comment

Working...
                              X