No announcement yet.

Steering very firm????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap turds!!!! 7 flipping hours!!!!! About 1.5 hours of taking panels and crap apart!!!!! Kudos tonTige’ .... not sure how they got some of those screws in at the angle and the position that they did, it was amazing to know It was humanly possibly....not easy for my butt to get to them....using an offset screwdriver a quarter turn at a time while laying on my back—-or front with my legs under the port side seats....( did I mention I am claustrophobic).. only one charlie horse!!!

finally got the cable off at the rudder and. Started pulling it out, stopped to tie a cord to it....now we are rolling, came out without a hitch.

removed a small strip under the helm to make the entry angle a bit easier...got from the helm to the bow easy, and actually got it fed under the floor and to the tank pretty easy, me pushing and my son Casey pulling. Then it got fun!!! The guy who originally ran the cables and throttle and water supply lines for the front bags, I will assume accidentally for the sake of humanity, so “accidentally” put a little over-under, inside-around weave in the group of hoses and cables. So a few trips back and forth looking as far as I could see and trying to guess which over under around I should try around which hose/cable to get the rope loose and in a straight line, eventually we got there.

then to put the bracket on the new cable, took an hour of PB Penetrating oil, torching, and cranking till I got it loose. Probably could have really dug in a bit sooner but didn’t want to over torque and strip the nut or break something and make another problem.

Anyway, put it back together in about 30 minutes... other than the boat is very dirty now they job is done...and I now feel a more intimate relationship between my Tige’ and me!!!

and RZ22013 and everyone else. Yo are right. Night and day difference! One finger turning the wheel!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MJO21 View Post
      Holy crap turds!!!! 7 flipping hours!!!!! About 1.5 hours of taking panels and crap apart!!!!! Kudos tonTige’ .... not sure how they got some of those screws in at the angle and the position that they did, it was amazing to know It was humanly possibly....not easy for my butt to get to them....using an offset screwdriver a quarter turn at a time while laying on my back—-or front with my legs under the port side seats....( did I mention I am claustrophobic).. only one charlie horse!!!

finally got the cable off at the rudder and. Started pulling it out, stopped to tie a cord to it....now we are rolling, came out without a hitch.

removed a small strip under the helm to make the entry angle a bit easier...got from the helm to the bow easy, and actually got it fed under the floor and to the tank pretty easy, me pushing and my son Casey pulling. Then it got fun!!! The guy who originally ran the cables and throttle and water supply lines for the front bags, I will assume accidentally for the sake of humanity, so “accidentally” put a little over-under, inside-around weave in the group of hoses and cables. So a few trips back and forth looking as far as I could see and trying to guess which over under around I should try around which hose/cable to get the rope loose and in a straight line, eventually we got there.

then to put the bracket on the new cable, took an hour of PB Penetrating oil, torching, and cranking till I got it loose. Probably could have really dug in a bit sooner but didn’t want to over torque and strip the nut or break something and make another problem.

Anyway, put it back together in about 30 minutes... other than the boat is very dirty now they job is done...and I now feel a more intimate relationship between my Tige’ and me!!!

and RZ22013 and everyone else. Yo are right. Night and day difference! One finger turning the wheel!!!
      Glad you got it done!! Totally worth it!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

wow, spent the weekend on the water. this new steering is loose. while on the water I can spin the steering wheel from all the way right to all the way left without touching the wheel. If I let go f the wheel and the boats weight is not balanced ans I hit some chop the whel will start to tur on its own..

IS this normal or a new stering cable?

Comment

Working...
        X