Gadgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
    This is probably the rarest upgrade part in the world. I still don’t know of anyone who has one besides me and a buddy. I’ve never had to use it in an emergency but, it’s alway there and I make sure everyone knows how to use it. I keep a short line on it that basically anyone in the boat can grab to release the rope.
    What is “it” .....and do you make it or buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"it" is a comptec trick release. It is an adjustable automatic release and a manual release in one package. I have one and feel a trick release is among the most important safety devices on a boat used for towed watersports.

Comment

^^^Correct. I’m actually surprised to see so many people are using them. Rock on.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Just for fun, go count all the holes drilled into your boat below the water line. It’s way more than you think.
          I don’t mind holes. I just am not sure I want to drill them. I guess I should man up cause they sure looo cool at night

Comment

I have a few little things I love... I am a big fan of Bimni Clips (used for hanging towels from the bimni). I like our 2 fishing pole holders for holding our flags (Yacht Ensign and Navy Chief flag). And lastly, we LOVE the stern thruster on our new boat. Need it, absolutely not... but its the coolest option I've seen yet. Stern Thruster.jpg

Comment

^^^Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                I have a few little things I love... I am a big fan of Bimni Clips (used for hanging towels from the bimni). I like our 2 fishing pole holders for holding our flags (Yacht Ensign and Navy Chief flag). And lastly, we LOVE the stern thruster on our new boat. Need it, absolutely not... but its the coolest option I've seen yet. Stern Thruster.jpg
                I’m intrigued about the Bimini clips.....what size are the Bimini poles? Are they 7/8” ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
                  I’m intrigued about the Bimini clips.....what size are the Bimini poles? Are they 7/8” ?
                  Yessir. I believe so. https://biminiclip.com/

Comment

Funny, usually the FAE is the first thing that pops up in these gadget threads. I guess with most new boats coming with them the aftermarket has kind of tapered off.

Anyways, FAE is a must have for me.

Comment

I have one of these. Bungy dock line. I call my speed line. I use it for a quick tie up if I’m getting fuel on the water or picking up people at the dock. I run it from my ski pylon to a dock cleat. Works fantastic.
                      Last edited by NICKYPOO; 07-04-2020, 08:13 PM. Reason: I don’t think the link worked.

Comment

I bought a set of the bimini clips long ago, thought it would be nice for drying towels and/or creating screened place for the ladies to change. They don't get used as much as I expected but they are a great option to have. I would like to find something to hang wet life jackets off the side of the boat BUT does not allow them to swing all around since I am too OCD to let the zippers rub against my tower constantly when hanging from board racks.
                        The stern drive is a cool option, I have a buddy that bought a new M240 not long ago and it was my first chance to really use one all day. I dont think it saves much time picking up surfer but around the docks/marina it sure can be nice to have, especially as these boats get bigger/heavier.

Comment

I'll add my simple must haves. Gear ties & hand clamps. Gear ties for rolling up the bimini or tying off a tube the two times a year I use one. They have many uses and we call them fidget sticks.....what can you make with one.lol. Hand clamps for holding towels in place for drying, kid fort. etc. I use them to hold my wakeboard bag on top of my bimini that I use for surfboards.

Comment

^^^Oh ya, that reminds me, I use a simple truckbed cargo net on top of my bimini. It used to be for the EZ-Ski but now it holds the RAD. I think it was one of these threads that someone posted that idea. It’s awesome!

Comment

I use a simple truckbed cargo net on top of my bimini!
                              That is a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X