Gadgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gadgets

What kind of cool gadgets have you added to your boat that you wish you'd discovered earlier? Space inside these things is tight so space saving ideas would be interesting too.

I'm talking things like Phender Pro, different locations for add'l cleats, boat cover accessories, gatorstep, different types of bumpers....

Flag Buddy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mounted it next to me so I can flip it up when the rider goes down. You can leave it rotated up the whole ride but that drives me crazy when boats leave the flag up during an entire run as opposed to just when the rider is down in the water.....just me probably.

Comment

-So far I would have to say adding the decking to my boat has been the nicest upgrade. Now I want to do more.
      -Redoing my stereo over the winter has been great too now that I have 2-12's bumping.
      -I don't get to use them often as I'm not out in the evenings as much but I do love all the lighting I've added. I'm a total light nerd.
      -Latest cool feature is now that I have an iWatch I can control my stereo from my wrist.

Comment

This is probably the rarest upgrade part in the world. I still don’t know of anyone who has one besides me and a buddy. I’ve never had to use it in an emergency but, it’s alway there and I make sure everyone knows how to use it. I keep a short line on it that basically anyone in the boat can grab to release the rope.

You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thats pretty trick. We use a similar quick release when we do adaptive skiing/sit skiing.

BABz bumper/fenders are a popular gadget. They deflate for storage. Im a sucker for underwater lights but not worth it if you dont use the boat at night/camp out overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            This is probably the rarest upgrade part in the world. I still don’t know of anyone who has one besides me and a buddy. I’ve never had to use it in an emergency but, it’s alway there and I make sure everyone knows how to use it. I keep a short line on it that basically anyone in the boat can grab to release the rope.
            I've got one and use it every time we tow off the tower.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Just had a rope wrap on my wrist as I fell surfing and it luckily unwound. Didn't know they made that device.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                -So far I would have to say adding the decking to my boat has been the nicest upgrade. Now I want to do more.
                -Redoing my stereo over the winter has been great too now that I have 2-12's bumping.
                -I don't get to use them often as I'm not out in the evenings as much but I do love all the lighting I've added. I'm a total light nerd.
                -Latest cool feature is now that I have an iWatch I can control my stereo from my wrist.
                BCRider - Did you get that from gatorstep? I like the surrounds and accent decking! I'm talking to them now - I may get them to add that to the template. lol

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                  Thats pretty trick. We use a similar quick release when we do adaptive skiing/sit skiing.

BABz bumper/fenders are a popular gadget. They deflate for storage. Im a sucker for underwater lights but not worth it if you dont use the boat at night/camp out overnight.
                  Freeheel, have you seen anyone use the drainplug lights? I really dont want to drill holes in my boat. lol

Comment

I hate drain plug lights. The wire breaks eventually....have seen some new designs where there a second plug in the light but its super tiny and wouldn't take much for it to get blocked.

My opinion on underwater lights is good lights arent cheap and cheap lights aren't good. Liquid Lumens, Lifeform, or Shadow Caster all make great lights.

Don't be afraid of 2 little holes below the water line. Theres already a bunch down there for ballast and thru hull for raw water pickup.

I guess think about it like this...If drain plug lights were good why aren't any manufacturers using them??
                    Last edited by freeheel4life; 07-01-2020, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Your cold hard logic is hard to ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is a must in the foiling world. I have one. There are others that are less expensive. I use this one in my traveling foil rope in case I am on a boat without a Comptech release.

http://www.bulletrelease.com/

Danik hooks are very nice for anchoring. If you've ever tied a knot in a rope and then realized you need it 18 inches farther up the line, you need one of those.

https://danikhook.com/
                        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemcclain8 View Post

Just had a rope wrap on my wrist as I fell surfing and it luckily unwound. Didn't know they made that device.
                          Scary stuff. It happens all the time. I know of one incident where a guys arm got pealed like a chicken wing from the elbow to the wrist from getting caught in the rope. I’m betting that guy would have gladly paid $700 to not have that happen.

Boats and ropes kill people. I keep all my ropes in an old soft side cooler bag. That way, in case the boat goes down, I don’t have ropes wrapping around my crew and dragging them down with the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post

It is a must in the foiling world. I have one. There are others that are less expensive. I use this one in my traveling foil rope in case I am on a boat without a Comptech release.

http://www.bulletrelease.com/

Danik hooks are very nice for anchoring. If you've ever tied a knot in a rope and then realized you need it 18 inches farther up the line, you need one of those.

https://danikhook.com/
                            Let me rephrase, all the cool kids have one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post

Freeheel, have you seen anyone use the drainplug lights? I really dont want to drill holes in my boat. lol
                              Just for fun, go count all the holes drilled into your boat below the water line. It’s way more than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X