Lenco Surf Actuator Model# and Replacement work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenco Surf Actuator Model# and Replacement work

tried to find pre existing info on this on the forum and came up mostly dry, hoping there's good info from the experts on here. My port side actuator failed this past weekend, dealer is booked up at least a month. So to get back on the water surfing goofy im hoping to do the replacement swap on my own.

A few considerations: first, I welcome any tips or suggestions to make sure all goes well. i assume i will need to pull the wires through the hull and reseal (3M 4200?), but other than that looks like a really straightforward job. Also, does anyone know the model number of lenco to order? i had GSA installed over the offseason, so not sure if that affects this. finally, I'm hoping dealer will reimburse me for the actuator and continue to honor warranty. Anyone have any experience with diy work that should be covered under warranty?

thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Use this chart and the letters stamped in to figure out your PN. You can get them on Amazon. Pretty basic to swap. Make sure to mark the Deutsch plug when you depin it so your dont reverse polarity.

Attached Files

Comment

thanks freeheel! thanks for the chart and great advice.

If anyone knows the model # that'll save me the 2hr trip back out to the boat to find it. also planning to call dealer when they're open tomorrow to see if they have the info.

Comment

I'd read thru Unstucks link that he posted on the 17 RZX3 GSA thread..pretty sure they are the same actuators...

Comment

great!

Comment

Did you find the part#? I got the boat out yesterday and this is the only number I could find....

Found the decoder ring on lencos website

https://www.lencomarine.com/-/media/...20200225160356

Looks like it’s the one at the bottom of this pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Bamer; 07-03-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

excellent. I'll confirm if it's the same when i get my replacement next week.

Comment

Since you’ll be experienced replacing yours, you can replace mine when I have a failure....lol.....jk

Comment

I replaced mine yesterday at the lake, took 15 minutes. Remove the two torx screws (Allen head will work as well, 5/32 I think) pop the cap off and disconnect wires, unbolt ram from tab. Remove two screws on new ram, note location of white and black wires (black wire is connected to tang with red mark BTW), install new ram on tab, connect existing wires making sure new seal is in place. Install cap with sealant on o-ring, (I used goop, 4200 will be difficult to remove in the future), install new cap screws with dab of sealant too, launch and go.
                  Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Go straight to Tige. They sent an actuator straight to me when mine failed. They just asked that I sent the bad one back. I was happy to do so. I didn't even think about reusing the original cap and wires. That would have been even easier.

Comment

By cap, do you mean the top of the actuator?

Comment

Yup. Its just two Torx socket nuts. I always just change out the whole actuator, but I've done enough of them it really doesn't take long. If its your first time it takes a bit longer.

Comment

Working...
                        X