No announcement yet.

Anyone store there rz2 high and dry have any problems with hull cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it didn’t leak out threw those cracks. My biggest fear is the bottom was repaired before I bought it and I didn’t catch it when we bought it April of this year. I’m now wondering if the previous owner didn’t disclose it to me and when I started storing it Dry stack it was to much for the previous shotty repair.

Comment

Well a great way to check for leaks is to fill the bilge from the INSIDE of the boat with it out of the water.. If water doesn't come out of those cracks its not the source of your leak.

Either way, you do have some damage that needs fixed. From an insurance standpoint you are probably best to stick with your original forklift theory.

I would have to see it in person but some of that looks a lot like a bondo and auto paint repair. A good fiberglass repair guy will know right away when he sees it(hopefully a good adjustor/surveyor doesn't come look at it)

Sorry for your headaches either way brother.

Comment

Before I bought the boat it was kept in the water at a marina. When I bought it, I trailered it to the lake for about a month. I then set up a dry stack for it.

Comment

Well it might be osmotic blistering in the gelcoat then and not painted if it was a marina store.

Comment

That orange peel look is also on the lower side of the boat that sits below the water line. I just hope that there is not other hidden problems that I’m not seeing. I’m sure the fiberglass guy will spot anything that he doesn’t like I just hope my insurance will cover anything else that may be wrong with it. This is a real drag.

Comment

If its all below the waterline its probably all osmotic blistering. Not the end of the world...just don't start poking at em lol

Comment

I sure hope so.

Comment

Working...
                X