Anyone store there rz2 high and dry have any problems with hull cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone store there rz2 high and dry have any problems with hull cracks

Well we decided to store our 2007 Rz2 high and dry for the convenience of getting on the boat and going with out having to tow it around. Well I think that just bit me in the A$$. I thought I had a small leaky around the prop shaft seal. Well I just installed an auto ballast system and put the boat in the water and I had a huge leak in the boat. The leak wasn’t from the newly installed threw hull but from another spot. I proceeded to take the boat back out of the water with the marinas forklift they have been using on it for the last month. This is what I saw. Pics to follow. Two cracks on the bottom of the boat. I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue that has stored their boat high and dry? Thanks. It’s going to be an expensive fix.

We kept our 19’ ski boat at a dry stack for a year. They never cracked the hull..... honestly man, you would have to drop the boat pretty damn hard to do this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It appears it’s where the forks are. What could have caused the hull to crack in two places.

Comment

The forklift forks? Where they lift it?

Comment

Yes. The boat is stored high and Dry.

Comment

I store my 18 RZX 3 on a rack since it was new. No issues....

Comment

Originally posted by Kjflyhigh View Post
              It appears it’s where the forks are. What could have caused the hull to crack in two places.
              If the hull is cracked exactly where the forks lift it, I’d be having a hard conversation with the marina man. There are many many dry stack places here on lake Travis with many wake boats in them. If it was dangerous or they broke boats they wouldn’t be in business.

Not being an expert or a forklift operator they could have picked the boat up with the forks at too much of an angle putting too much point pressure on the boat. They also could have picked the boat up or set it down a little too quickly.

It was probably an accident but 2 cracks lining up exactly with the forks? That’s not a coincidence.

Sorry man - this sucks

Comment

We have the boat on Lake Travis. I have also had other boats stacked high and dry with no problems. I’m hoping Insurence will cover it and that there is not more damage than appears. It probably doesn’t help that it’s on the 3 bunk up. 3 stories up. I didn’t know that until yesterday when I asked.

Comment

What is the storage place doing for you? I assume when you say insurance, you are referring to their insurance. Not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                    What is the storage place doing for you? I assume when you say insurance, you are referring to their insurance. Not yours.
                    Agree with this. 2 Cracks, under the forks of the lift, is pretty dang obvious. I had a situation once where the lift knicked my swim platform - they resealed the mounts at their cost. It was super minor but they didnt hesitate.

The boat is heavy, the forklift is strong - one bad angle, one quick push causing too quick a drop, etc...

Comment

The marina stayed that they didn’t do it. Shocker!!! My insurance is the one that is covering it and the marina mandates that they are on my insurance. Now I know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjflyhigh View Post
                        The marina stayed that they didn’t do it. Shocker!!! My insurance is the one that is covering it and the marina mandates that they are on my insurance. Now I know why.
                        My 6 year old says the same thing when he's holding a golf club and there is a hole in the window. I have to pay for that too.

Comment

I still want to see these pics!

Comment

That port one sure is gnarly. Weird question but when you pulled it out did water come from the inside of the hull out thru those cracks??

Also, was boat a marina store before?? Asking because of how blistered the gelcoat looks. If it wasn't a marina store I'd be wondering if the bottom was repaired and shot with automotive paint and not gelcoat...which if it was the case would mean poor repair work. Only think making me think this is the pic of your smaller crack. Some of the work next to it looks like bondo....

Could be way off. Have been before and will be again. Just seems like somethings odd.

Comment

Working...
                            X