Flag Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag Holder

Wanted to display USA flag on the boat for the 4th... Anyone have any cleaver ideas on how to attach flag/pole to tower or maybe board rack?

Chrome Fishing Pole Holders - reasonably priced and fit comfortably on the bimini. Picture below, and with flag on Z3, and another with holders on the bimini rails without flags on our new 23ZX.

7F9D894A-FE26-43C3-870F-C996025FB674.jpeg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D&P Powell; 06-10-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

We have the cove cover option (not sure why...) but it has a 7/8" diameter hole for the rear support poles.
      Bought a 3/4" diameter flag pole from Bass Pro shop and wrapped a few layers of duct tape to make it a snug fit.
      Worked great!

Comment

LOL did the same thing to mine. This season went HD and bought a 7/8 chrome closet rod and cut it to size.

Comment

I fabricated one for our Z3 which I'll post shortly. It replaces the non-surf side aft cupholder and we run a 3'x5' flag along with our Captain America themed boat.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Comment

Let’s see some pics of your captain American boat!!!!! My wife loves red white and blue.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Legendary.jpeg

Comment

Nice...

looks like your starboard surf plate isn’t retracted all the way....

Comment

LOL, I was wondering who would see that first. Replaced the ram after taking the pic, write up on another thread. Took 15 minutes.

Comment

Haha. Yeah I saw your write up and when I got the boat out Friday I looked at the two screws at the top of the actuator and thought....”yes, that will be what I do when the time comes...”

How are the wires connected inside the actuator?

Comment

Female spade connectors. Black goes to the spade withe red mark on the electric motor.

Comment

Love the cup holder idea - How did you get it to adhere to the cup holder? Drill hole through bottom and add some kind of sleeve?
                          thanks!

Comment

Sounded like he removed the cup holder and fab the part and put the part in the cup holder spot

Comment

We discovered all the boats with rear cupholders have them drilled using a jig but the D-ring below it, which we tie into, is not so precision. I have now perfected a rear cupholder flag mount for 1.25" diameter flag poles. The one in the pic was purchased at Costco to provide proof of concept and so far we've seen it hold up in sustained 45mph. The flag is already tattered but I suppose 5 hours of high speed and 15 hours of surfing could make that happen. Im making a dozen for the reunion to give away but hope to minimize costs for people who want to buy because we're using 316, suppliers blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                              X