No announcement yet.

Adding Bimini to Alpha Z Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question on the Bimini mount locations, I have a 2015 Z3 and just bought a Bimini from Great Lakes Boat Tops, and they put the ball and socket ends on it. Like the original poster, it did not come with the mounting hardware. I am in the process of purchasing the mounts but wanted to see what most people have. First, the ball and socket mounts, from the attachment, what is the most common mount used? The flat deck or concave and mount screws inside (F13-0241/0242) or mount screws outside (F13-0301/0302). Additionally, would anyone recommend installing quick-release mounts (see Ewoks video) and replacing the top caps on the bimini to match? Finally, the distance between the mounting screw holes on the attached Bimini hardware location PDF above doesn't match either the Ball and Socket or the Quick Release mounts, so when drilling the holes, should I just use the marked locations on the leading edge to attach the mounts and drill the second hole based on it or should I center the mounts to the marks on the PDF and mount that way?

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X