Adding Bimini to Alpha Z Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Bimini to Alpha Z Tower

Not sure if this is the correct place for this or not, but wanted to share some info for anyone else who might come along looking for an answer.

I have a 2011 RZ4 with the Alpha Z tower that was not factory ordered with a bimini. After purchasing one from Great Lakes Boat Tops, I discovered that there were not any mounting locations on the tower.

After a few back and forth calls, I ended up talking with Lee at Tige. He told me there is a kit to order to do what I need.

Part # B8582

I was not able to order direct from Tige but gave part number to local dealer to order.

I asked about install instructions and he told me to talk to Justin at Tige (spoke with him before about something else, very helpful), and he would be able to help me out either with some instructions or possibly a video. I guess I’ll find out how much he can give me once I receive the parts and speak with him.

I will try to update this post after I install the parts or if I have trouble with anything.

Print this out on 8x11 sheet of paper. This will give you the hole locations you are needing.
    Attached Files
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
      Print this out on 8x11 sheet of paper. This will give you the hole locations you are needing.
      That's awesome. Thanks!

Does that do both sides? Just rotate the cut section to fit around the light? I got some pictures from Facebook and it looks like there's a mount on top and one on the side. Does this work for all?

Edit: Just looked at the drawing again and realized it has the mounting holes for the top and the side. Didn't look at it good enough. I guess I should've asked, does this work for both port and starboard sides?

Comment

Printed side will be out on one side and printed side will be towards the tower on the other side. The print lines up with you tower light.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
          Printed side will be out on one side and printed side will be towards the tower on the other side. The print lines up with you tower light.
          Perfect thanks!

Comment

I need help with my top on our 2016 Z1. We bought the boatblast year with what I assume is the factory Sunbrella bimini. But, I feel someone has gotten one of the longer bars in backwards possibly. Does the slick side go facing up or down when the top is up? Where can I find instructions or a video of how to put up a bimini on an Alpha Z tower? I know where the bars attach, but one of the larger bars and/or fabric I feel is backwards. Thanks.

Comment

By slick side, I assume that you are talking about the surfboard pockets. They go on top with the opening towards the rear.

Comment

There are a couple of videos on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                  There are a couple of videos on YouTube.
                  I'd like to find those videos....... All I can find is non Tige' and Tige' Alpha E3 towers.

Comment

JCP, when I referenced the slick side, there is 1 side that has a slick finish on half of the material, or only on half of that particular side. That happens to be the side with 2 large pockets that I can only assume are the surf board pockets, and there are 2 smaller pouches of some sort to the rear with a strap at each one. That side is currently facing down, or on the bottom. The other side, or what I have facing up currently, has 2 much smaller pockets with zippers, which I assume are suppose to be facing down and the pockets are to put random belongings in and zip up while the top is being used?

Comment

I tried to attach photos for reference, but this site is giving me troubles. I can't even select certain posts to quote.

Comment

Sound like somebody possibly swapped sides with the main side attachment points. Surf pockets go on top and there is a zipper that goes from one side to the other that goes in the rear. (you will not be using this zipper unless you have the optional bimini extension). Try the video in this link. Alpha Z Tower Bimini Setup - TigéOwners.com (tigeowners.com). The front attachment locations for the front supports are in a different location than my 2015 but very similar.

Comment

Sound like somebody possibly swapped sides with the main side attachment points. Surf pockets go on top and there is a zipper that goes from one side to the other that goes in the rear. (you will not be using this zipper unless you have the optional bimini extension). Try the video in this link. Alpha Z Tower Bimini Setup - TigéOwners.com (tigeowners.com). (The bimini in the video has the extension). The front attachment locations for the front supports are in a different location than my 2015 but very similar.

Comment

Sent you a PM, Had trouble posting a video link.

Comment

try this
                              This video demonstrates how to setup and take down the bimini on the Alpha Z Tower. Thanks goes out to Ewok (http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/member.php?7972-Ewok) for creating this video. https://www.youtube.com/embed/YNL0e7IIprQ

Comment

Working...
                              X