Alpha Z Tower Bimini Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z Tower Bimini Setup

This video demonstrates how to setup and take down the bimini on the Alpha Z Tower. Thanks goes out to Ewok for creating this video.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YNL0e7IIprQ
    Last edited by Matt Garcia; 05-17-2020, 01:59 PM.

Great vid Ewok

This thread was the advent of Ewok's vid and has some additional tips.

Comment

DAMN, I HAVE BEEN DOING IT BACKWARDS!

Comment

That's pretty much the exact way I do it, including using some similar ties to secure the adjustable legs when storing it.

What I learned though is that for whatever reason, I've always wrapped the Velcro flaps on the Bimini on either side around the adjustable legs instead of the outer legs that stay attached. That makes soo much more sense!

Comment

On the subject of biminis, anyone have a flapping problem in high cross winds? My solution is to keep a long bungie cord strapped across the top of the bimini. If flapping is not an issue, the bungie hooks stay attached to the outer leg. If the bimini starts flapping, I move the bungie hook to grab the loose side portion of the bimini. Flapping problem solved. (I do not keep the bungie always attached there to avoid stretching the fabric).

Comment

Holy crap you guys are doing it the hard way.. That's alot of work the way you guys are doing it..
            www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
            http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
              Holy crap you guys are doing it the hard way.. That's alot of work the way you guys are doing it..
              Ahhh, the wicked tease that begs the question ...

Comment

Ill try to do a video for you guys this weekend.. So much easier the way I am doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                  On the subject of biminis, anyone have a flapping problem in high cross winds? My solution is to keep a long bungie cord strapped across the top of the bimini. If flapping is not an issue, the bungie hooks stay attached to the outer leg. If the bimini starts flapping, I move the bungie hook to grab the loose side portion of the bimini. Flapping problem solved. (I do not keep the bungie always attached there to avoid stretching the fabric).
                  I had the flapping problem but was told by another TO that my bimini wasn't tight enough. That's why in the video I pull down on the front of the bimini and get it 3 holes in to keep the tension on the front, that way there isn't any excess to flap.
                  2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                  2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Ill try to do a video for you guys this weekend.. So much easier the way I am doing it
                    Can't wait, it took me a few trips out and lots of practice in my driveway to get my technique down.
                    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

You got it down but I think your gonna love my way =)

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                        I had the flapping problem but was told by another TO that my bimini wasn't tight enough. That's why in the video I pull down on the front of the bimini and get it 3 holes in to keep the tension on the front, that way there isn't any excess to flap.
                        My bimini is cranked down as tight as it goes. But in a cross wind, I still get flapping. It might be a product of being on a first version of bimini support poles (early 2009) and a later model surf bimini top -- there are structural differences.

You got it down but I think your gonna love my way =)
                        Adding one more item to the can't wait to see this list.

Comment

Wicked, ever get that video done?

Comment

Wicked, i too am waiting on that video

Comment

old thread... new boat to me and would like a video showing an easier way...

Comment

Working...
                              X