Don't make this $1K launch mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@cbath

It’s funny I’ve always worried more about making sure everything was in working order before I thought about it falling off the trailer. Paranoid I guess.

Either way, this was a little Memorial Day miracle! Boat falls off trailer, “minor” repair, on the water to party!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m glad it worked out that way! Enjoy the rest of the weekend with the crazies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow that is crazy. Glad everyone is ok and the boat survived.

Typically because my ramp is steep I back down until the boat is in the water but not floating unhook the winch then back in the rest of the way. Doing it this way with a steep ramp makes it much easier to undo the winch without the boat pulling it all out super fast.

Comment

cgaggie i can’t imagine e the horror of seeing and hearing that.

I’m with others: back her down, once she floats my wife fires her up before we unhook and back rest of the way down. This way if it doesn’t start for whatever reason we are still connected and only takes 30 seconds extra.

If you were running a stainless prop you would have sustained a lot more damage.

Comment

Agree
            my wife and daughter were in the boat and got a heck of a ride!
            Prop did what it is designed to do - softer brass takes the brunt of the impact and not allow damage other components / shaft

Comment

Working...
            X